Monday, August 18, 2008

Planned Overseas Trip

For those who either don't know or can't remember, my brother and I are off to Phuket and Singapore in 4 weeks today.

We fly from Sydney to Singapore with Qantas for 1 night and then fly with Asia Air to Phuket for 8 days. These 8 days will include some shopping, sight seeing and relaxing. I'm also planning on getting some jeans and shorts made for me. At the moment I seem to be one size in the legs at the moment and another size around the waist. I so hate being an apple shape.

After Phuket we fly back to Singapore for 7 days. The main reason we are going to Singapore is to go to the first night Formula One Motor Race. We will also be spending some time sight seeing and taking things easy.

I so can't wait for this holiday. The past 4 years have been rather stressful for my family and it will be so good to get away for a while.

The stresses of my live over the past 4 years:-

1. Dad diagnosed with cancer - October 2004
2. My mum diagnosed with breast cancer - Feb 2005
3. My now exbf diagnosed with DVT - April 2005
4. My dad being rushed to hospital, gall bladder - June 2005
5. Me being diagnosed with depression and starting therapy - July 2005
6. My mum struggling with her cancer battle - June - September 2005
7. Mum losing her battle with cancer - October 2005
8. Dad being rushed to hospital and nearly died - December 2005
9. Nearly breaking up with darling bf - January & April 2006
10. Started looking after 2 portfolio's at work (300 clients) January 2006
11. Breaking up with bf - August 2006
12. Brother committed suicide - April 2006
13. Dad was diagnosed with advanced prostate cancer and bone cancer - November 2006
14. Dad moved to a nursing home January 2007
15. Dad passed away January 2008 (53 weeks after being moved into the nursing home).
16. The day before Dad's Funeral, my brother had a heart attack. He has survived and turned his life around. He has given up smoking, lost 20 kilos and walks 2 x 30 mins every day. He is such an inspiration to me.
17. Decided that I could no longer work for the company that I did because of the increasing stress and demands, and I resigned in April and left in May 2008.

The one thing I have learnt during this time is that I am a rather strong person and that I can do and get through anything that life throws at me.



Carlton

5 comments:

Chris H said...

Yep mate, you and your family have been through hell... I had a similar 2-3 year block of HELL from 1999-2002 with family deaths, cancer, 2 babies born and abandoned... bla bla bla.... shit happens eh? I am glad you are going to have a fantastic break from all the humdrums of life... and I hope you really do have a bloody fab time!

Heather said...

You're a real trooper Carlton! Truly. And I'm jealous that you're off to Phuket to go shopping, lol :). Hey, I'm only a few kg diff to you...so you go girl! Not long before you crack the 100 barrier. I know you'll get there soon.

xx

Kimmy said...

Wow Carlton, your life has sure had it's downs. Hugs to you for all the losses you've had to cope with - cancer sure aint fun. In fact its blimmen horrible.

And great work on turning your life around too. I hope you and your brother have a great trip away. It sounds like heaps of fun.

celtic_girl said...

Not only are you strong, your also a survivor - give yourself some quodos for those two qualities.

I'm afraid to do a list like that, mine would look very similar.

Thanks for your words of encouragement also.

boringsahm said...

You are a super strong woman and very much deserve this holiday. Enjoy every minute of it!