Friday, August 22, 2008

Daffodil Day - 22 August 2008

Cancer remains one of Australia's biggest health problems. With 1 in 2 men and 1 in 3 women diagnosed with cancer before the age of 85, the chances are you'll know someone who has had this terrible disease.

Funding research into cancer is one of the best ways we can work together to protect those we love, and that's exactly what the Cancer Council hopes to achieve with Daffodil Day, Friday 22nd August 2008.

Below are pictures of my parents Pam and Stan.

As both my parents have had this terrible disease this cause is very close to my heart. To support their fundraising I purchased my Daffodil Day pen and today I bought a bunch of fresh Daffodils.





My dad survived non hodgkins lymphoma in 2003/2004 and then was diagnosed with Advanced Prostate and Bone Cancer in November 2006. He
lost his battle in January 2008. Aged 75

My mum was diagnosed with Breast Cancer and lost her battle 8 months later in October 2005. My dad never got over this loss. Aged 71


RIP Mum and Dad - You are both together again and not in any more pain. You are sadly missed everyday...........

Carlton



1 comments:

Kimmy said...

Hugs Carlton. Cancer is a horrible thing and to lose both your Mum and Dad to it is horrible. So just wanted to send you a cyber hug!!