Monday, August 25, 2008

EGO - we need to do a rethink.


OK I go this idea from the weight watchers forum and think its a great idea. It not only helps with our weight loss journey but with our overall self esteem...

EGO - we need to do a rethink.


I love myself; I think I'm grand
I love to sit and hold my hand
When I grow up, I'll marry me
And then I'll start a family

Does anyone remember this playground rhyme? Sorry but I don't remember it, however I still think its a great one OK, I'll admit that it goes back to the 1950s BUT I think the relevance is still with us today. Love ourselves? That was not a concept that the Australia, that I grew up in accepted. THAT was the way of conceit; arrogance; "insufferableness" and needed to be FIRMLY NIPPED IN THE BUD. It was for the good of the child.

When I read the weight watchers threads or blogs, it seems to me that a sense of self worth has been a bit of a casualty over the years. So, my question for today is:

"What do you love about yourself?" NB: No false modesty allowed :)

I personally find it hard to love my body, however I do love seeing the results from all the hard work that I do.

I have done weight watchers many many times, however the one difference I've noticed this time, is that I am seeing the differences of my body and I do notice the loss of weight in the mirror as I go along.

Don't get me wrong I also get very frustrated with my journey but overall I am over the moon with how far I have come....

Carlton

4 comments:

boringsahm said...

"What do you love about yourself?" I love that I know that I have the ability to do so much that I never felt I could do in my youth or even in the last 2 years. It is both physically and mental.

I know that if I apply myself I can do almost anything, I think I can run 10km if I wanted, I don't want to right now so I've not tried, but I know I physically can train myself if I ever did feel inclined.

Losing my weight and finding out that I did love me for who I am, bitch, lover, mother, whiner & friend, that I opened myself to understanding it was never anyone else holding me back but me, loving and accepting every part of myself, I can move forward, eye's high and challenge anything my heart desires.

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Loving yourself is such a hard thing to do..
I would have to say i like my outgoing nature... my people skills as such...
I just want to say you are looking gr8... you are shrinking girl!!!!!
You must be so proud of yourself..
Keep it up and you will get to your goal in no time!

Jaxx said...

Those photo's are awesome, you are shrinking well :-). Hey can I add you to my blog links?. Have a great day :-)

celtic_girl said...

Yes, if we can't love ourselves how do we expect other people to do the same, funny though I cannot think of anything to add to my "love list". I have perfectionism issues and nothing is ever good enough - pretty sad I know.

Going by your progress photos you ought to be proud of yourself. you are looking fab!