Thursday, May 11, 2006

Today

I can't believe tomorrow is Friday. This week has gone so fast and I haven't really done much.

Today quote is
"We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality."– Iris Murdoch"

I went and saw my therapist tonight to discuss my reactions to my brothers death and split with bf. Things went pretty well, a few tears etc but ok. The real scary stuff is about to happen in therapy and that is to focus on me and why I do the things I do to myself, I have little self confidence and am shy around people when I first met them. Also why I let these things stop me from meeting new people and living life.

Via CK I found a website for Davidn Hilyander from the biggest loser show and he mentions setting up a walking group. David doesn't live really all that way a way from me (about 15 mins drive) and I thought it might be good to contact him and see if his still doing it and join the group. I discussed this with my therapist and she thinks its a great idea. She also thinks I need to meet a lot more people and go out a lot more. This will also keep my mind off the loss of my brother, mum and bf and help to develop my self confidence more. A bit scary is what I think. I'm willing to give it ago, I think!!!!!!! I surpose I better, she will only ask me about it next time I'm there and yes she will ask. We discussed that as well.

David's website is:- http://www.davidhilyander.com/

My therapist has given me a few tasks for me to this during the next few weeks. These are:-

1. Go out and enjoy myself this weekend i.e. catch a movie or go out for dinner with friends.
2. contact David via email and see if his walking group is still going.
3. If so, join it and actually go.
4. Do a daily compliments diary (that's compliments I give myself and not what others give me).

I will incorporate this compliments diary into my blogs. I need to give myself 5 compliments a day.

Compliments Diary

1. I am a special person.
2. I am a happy and fun loving person.
3. I can and will lose the 40 kilos that I want to.
4. I am a nice person
5. I can do what ever I put my mind to.

Boy was that a hard thing to do, think of 5 reasons to love myself. I'm going to try and make them different everyday.

This entry has turned out to be a decent length, considering when I started I didn't think I had much to say. How wrong I was.

4 comments:

Me said...

Thank you for the lovely mail which you sent me last night - it is really appreciated.

It is amazing that it is Friday already - where has the time gone to ???

What a great way to meet like-minded people - I think it would be great to join that walking group if it isn't too far from you - wish I was in Sydney as I would definitely join up with you as well - I need lots of help in that dept right now !

Good luck with the compliments diary - I know how difficult that it is to do and I think it is great that you are doing it on your blog so we can keep on eye and make sure you do it every day !!! The more you find to love about yourself the happier you will become because you will know what a wonderful and special person you are.

Take care and have a great weekend
Me

Cinders said...

You should join the walking group. When AJ's Healthy Body Club 1st started up, the Melb girls started walking at a Central location every Sunday. A year down the track we are still doing it and its nice to get together with people who share the same health/fitness goals. Its great motivation.

I love your compliments diary and may pinch that idea. Enjoy your weekend.

Mel. said...

thanks. Linda feel free to use the idea about the compliments diary.

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»