Friday, May 12, 2006

My Journey today

This picture represents winter and I thought I'd use it as it was rather cold in Sydney today.

Well another week is over and weigh in day is tomorrow. Not looking forward to that as I've eaten far too much chocolate this week. Not really sure why but it happened. We even discussed it in therapy last night and no real reasons were discovered.


I DO NOT NEED CHOCOLATE!!!!!!
I DO NOT NEED CHOCOLATE!!!!!!
I DO NOT NEED CHOCOLATE!!!!!!
I DO NOT NEED CHOCOLATE!!!!!!
I DO NOT NEED CHOCOLATE!!!!!!
I DO NOT NEED CHOCOLATE!!!!!!

Must keep reminding myself, I DO NOT NEED CHOCOLATE!!!!!!

Today was spend by reading, sleeping in and I didn't actually get out of bed and feed my two cats until noon. They didn't seem to mind as when I woke up they were both on the bed sound alseep as well, That's not something I do all that often but I didn't go to bed until 1.30 a.m.
The afternoon as spend cooking main meals from the sureslim cookbook I got from ebay. I made the following:-

1. Chilli Chicken (you even make the chilli sauce and vegetable stock from scratch) Chilli sauce was made last night and vegetable stock was made a few nights ago.
2. Thai spicy chicken
3. Spicy Baked Beans

All meals serve 4 and as I'm on my own now it means that I have just made myself 12 evening meals. Yes they were put into individual containers and placed in the freezer. This will give me no excuses for not having a meal at night that doesn't fit into the sureslim program. All I need to do is defaust them and heat the in the microwave. A bit like take away without having all the fat and bad stuff.

I'm going back to work on Monday and in a way that will be good as I'll go back to exercising. I recently started walking to work and back every day (3 kms in about 35 mins) and be back into my routine. I'm trying not to think about all the work on my desk and complaints from clients about my absence just yet. Will leave that until Monday.

Today's compliments.

1. I am begining to like myself for myself.
2. My life maybe stressful, however, there are others out there worse off than myself.
3. I am pleased with myself for cooking and organising 12 healthy meals for the coming weeks.
4. Congratulations on me drinking my 2 litres of water today.
5. I am a well liked person.

This compliment thing is so hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It takes more time thinking of these 5 compliments than it takes to type the rest of my entry.

Spoke to exbf again today, as we are trying to remain friends. Things are ok between us and it looks like he will be home in August 2006, should have been next week but he changed his plans.

Well that's about it for today.

Carlton
Never pay for the same kilo twice

3 comments:

abc said...

Carlton I love the idea of your 5 compliments. I know what you mean about it not being easy. My gratitude thing doesn;t take too long, but some days I really have to think. But complimenting ourselves would be even harder as some of us are our own worst critics. I might do that once a week or once a month or just at various time. It seems like a really good healthy thing to do. I love what you have written.

Your cooking sounds wonderful, what a great idea. I find that having no food prethought, pre prepared or easily thought of is when I do stupid things and just eat whats handiest and its usually not good!

The walking group sounds like a wonderful idea in many ways. I'll look forward to reading how that goes.

Have a lovely weekend Carlton

Me said...

What a great post Carlton - good on you for sleeping in and then getting up and being so productive - a great idea to cook in bulk and freeze. We used to do it all the time but haven't done it for many years now - probably something we should get back into - as you say, the convenience of take away without all the fat and junk of take aways !
I love that you have the compliments still happening - good girl !
Don't beat yourself up too much over the chocolate - just let it go and plan not to buy it in the first place - that way it won't be there to tempt you.
Have a fantastic weekend - leave your work worries until you get back to work on Monday.
Me

Mel. said...

Thanks me.

The big thing was that I didn't plan on buying the chocolate in the first place. I only went to buy ingredients for dinner. It wasn't on my list, I did avoid the isle and was on my way to the checkout when I just had to have the chocolate and it ended up in by basket.