Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Starting to see results - I'm excited.............

As the title of the post says I'm starting to see results in my clothing sizes and I'm excited.

When I started this journey I was wearing a size 26 top as I like them lose, especially around my stomach and a size 22 pants or skirts.

I got some money from colleagues when I left the Bank a week and a half ago and decided that I wanted a new red top to wear when I went out to lunch on Sunday with Brad and my brother. So off to the local shopping centre I went Sunday morning. To my surprise I got into a size 20 top in Target (its a kind of clinging one) and I think I look good in it. Brad said I did when I modeled it for him when I got home. I then went off to Autograph (use to be 16-26) and the last time I got something from then it was either a 24 or 26 can't remember, well I got into a size 20 there too. I ended up buying 2 tops from there that are a little baggy kind of tops and I seriously think I could have gotten into a size 18 in these particular tops. I did try on another figure hugging top which was a size 20 and I looked good in it when I saw it from the front but when I turned around and saw it from behind I didn't look comfortable in it any more. I think I might get it anyway in a few weeks time if its still there.

I love the autograph clothing line as I think it looks great on and a little more stylish than other bigger ladies clothing lines. I would love to shop at say Myers but sadly can't afford to anymore, especially with the increase in interest rates, petrol, food and bills.

Normally I hate shopping as nothing looks good on me but after Sunday's trip I'm feeling better about myself and happy I'm finally seeing results in my clothing sizes.

Its also a good reminder to me that whilst the scales aren't moving how I'd love them too, things are still happening to my body and I am getting smaller. I think it might be time to do my measurements again as well.

Oh and one last point. I am now wearing a pair of jeans I bought from 16-26 (autograph) that are a size 18 with no elastic waist and they are really comfortable to wear. I do have a pair 18 with a little bit of elastic in the waist and I can get them on and off without undoing the zipper. Yesterday I was going through my jeans and found that I can get on and do up 2 pairs of jeans with a bit of elastic in the waist that are size 16, yes that is a size 16 but they are a bit too tight around the stomach to wear out. I was very excited about that and can't wait to get into them so they are comfortable to wear out.

The past few days have been good days as far as trying on clothes go and just a reminder to me that the scales are not the be end and all.

I also found a really good site via a link from CK that y
ou give them a photo of yourself and then they show you how you will look when you have lost say 50 pounds which is about 22 kilos and I must say that I was also excited over the result I got back. It works that you send them a picture of yourself standing up and then within 48 hours they send you a picture back showing you how you look when you have lost a certain amount of weight (the most you can chose is 50 pounds). I got my picture back within 4 hours.

The website address is http://www.weightview.com/new

The photo I used was the photo Brad took of me at the start of the FX challenge and the results are as follows:-

This photo is taken of me at the beginning of the FX challenge (1 April 2008).












This is the photo that they send me showing me how I will look after losing 50 pounds or about 22 kilos (that would make me 88 kilos in this photo).

I think I look great here and can't wait to be there. My goal is to be at 90 kilos when I go overseas in September 2008 which is only a few kilos heavier than this photo.






I am going to use this photo to keep me on track and inspire me to achieve my goals.

City to Surf entries have just opened and I bit the bullet this year and decided to join my FX friends and walk with them. Normally I do most of the training with them and pike out when it comes time to register. This year I decided that I would walk it with them and use this and all of the training to help me get to my weight loss goals.

For any one wanting to enter the website is http://city2surf.sunherald.com.au/home.php

I still think the $40 entry fee is a bit much but oh well I've entered now and have to do it. I just hope the rain stays away this week in Sydney so I can get some walking in.

Sorry this post is along one it didn't start out to be. I was going to post this in two posts but got on a role here....

Carlton
Take one step at a time.

1 comments:

Kim said...

Hey sweetie

Its great to hear from you and thanks for the lovely message.

Hugs

Kim and Erynn