Wednesday, June 04, 2008

I don't want to have an Apple Shape Body...........


I was pretty excited after yesterday's blog about reducing clothing sizes, I asked Brad if he could take some photos of me in my new tops, well after I saw the photos all the excitement immediately left me. I so don't like what I saw and to think I thought I looked good in these tops when I looked at myself in the mirror. How wrong I was. OK I can be really hard on myself but this looks horrible. All I can see is the roll of fat I have above my belly button commonly known as a muffin top.

This top above is the one from Target (size 20 top and 18 jeans). Oh that is Zac trying to hide behind me on the floor near my legs.


I've also recently discovered that I actually have an apple shaped body where as I thought I had a pear shaped one. I am so not happy with having an apple shaped body and think I look horrible. All I can see is all the fat around my middle and arms. I think my legs look OK but I also need to lose some weight there. I also realised that I can not change my shape and I will always be an apple shape, just a smaller one. This does not make me feel any better about things.


The 2nd picture above is a top from Autograph (size 20 top and 18 jeans). Oh that is Zac trying to hid behind me on the floor near my legs.

And this 3rd picture is also a top from Autograph and my favourite (size 20 top and 18 jeans).

My eating, tracking and sticking to my daily points hasn't been all that good this week and I'm not expecting much of a result. As an excuse, its been raining fairly hard and been so cold this week, which hasn't inspired me to exercise. You could say Winter has really set in and its only the 3rd day of it. Oh joy can't wait for it to really get cold. I really do need a gym membership or my Wii console, so I can train inside during this horrible weather but I have not yet dropped the weight to get these rewards. The Gym membership is only 1.5 kilos away.

Whilst tracking points is ideal for me, especially with Brad also on weight watchers and doing points, I really don't think my head or body agree with it. Having said that I'm not going to stop my weight loss journey, but I am seriously thinking of switching to the Core program. That way I can only eat 21 points a week of weight watches products or non core food which is 3 points per day. Brad just loves the weight watchers products, despite the fact they are getting to be rather expensive in the supermarket. Losing weight is very new for Brad and he is so into buying the weight watchers snack products, instead of alternate and sometimes cheaper products. I'm the type of person if it's in the house then I need to eat it too and I do tend to eat too much of. I have until Saturday to make up my mind about switching to core but at this stage I'm pretty sure that I will. I do have a lot of weight watchers cook books that have core recipes in them including the core recipe book which has points for all the recipes in it. It can be done but would be easier if we both did either Core or Points.

It's pretty early in the morning now (1.45 a.m.) and I'm sorry for the time of this post but I had to get a few things off my chest or out of my head. I've been lying in bed for the past hour tossing and turning with so much on my mind. Thought I better come here now and at least unload this part of what I've been thinking about. Not sure it has made much of a difference but at least its written down now.


Carlton
Take One Step at a time.

p.s. I should take more notice of this saying but I'm frustrated and impatient at the moment.

2 comments:

Chris H said...

the worst thing about being our age is the muffin top thing going on... it's part of the aging process too, not just our body shape. You can get rid of it, but it will be the last thing to go ! And work outs on the abs will help.... keep trying cos it will be worth it mate. You can do it chick.

Jodie said...

Here Here... I agree with what Chris says! and being 40 with two kids in the last two years... I'm a real muffin top myself. So... MUFFIN TOPS UNITE!!!!!!!

Seriously though... I really like the 1st top... with the V-neck. A v-neck is always flattering... it's a shame that the fabric is a little bit thin, and you can see the 'muffin'. So.. I suggest you get a tight singlet top, or boob tube and oila!

I've actually been thinking about photographing myself in my current outfits. Sometimes I get all dressed and think I look a million bucks... then I see a photo of myself. Othertimes I feel really frumpy, and people come up and say "you've lost weight" (which I haven't!). So I think I'll be doing a little fashion parade in front of my camera over the next few weeks. Maybe I should do it, and put photos on my blog for the world to see...?

It's so great that you've got Brad doing WW as well... it must make it so much easier to be on the same journey.

Keep up the good work Carlton.