Friday, December 05, 2008

Stuff update

I had my final interview for the job that I want yesterday morning and I think it went well. I was a little nervous before hand which surprised me cause I wasn't nervous for any of the other interviews. I think I was nervous because I so want this job and this was the final interview and it was make it or break it time. They are making their decision by today on who they will offer the role to so hopefully I get it and find out sooner rather than later. At the moment I have mixed feelings if I did enough to be offered the role or not and not feeling all that confident that I will be offered it.

Brad had the day off work yesterday because he had a migraine but mind you it didn't stop him from wanting to go Christmas shopping with me. He has been working long hours for the past few weeks and combined with the heat, I think he just needed a break and some time to relax. So yes the Christmas shopping has been started, we still need to get a few layby's out and still need to find something for my brother Paul but that's it. Paul is the hardest person to buy for cause if you mention something that you might buy he will go out and buy it for himself....

I also put up some Christmas decorations yesterday, including our small tree and wrapped some presents to go under it. Below is a picture Brad took of our tree last night.


The tree isn't all that big but then again we don't have the room for a really big tree and I didn't want to pay a fortune for it. We like this one cause its got lights on the end of the branches that light up.

I also need to get my nails infilled today as they were starting to look tatty but instead of an infill I decided that I would treat myself to a new set. Below is a picture of my left hand after the new set has been put on,the length is a lot shorter than I would normally have them but then again they also cut my own nails underneath and now I have nothing to support the fake tips (this is why I get them fairly short when I get a new set.)



I know this update isn't all that exciting but I thought I'd blog it anyway... LOL...

Edit:- Its just before 4 p.m. in Sydney and still no word about the job and I am trying to stay positive (no news is good news) but its hard. The longer I have to wait the more I think I didn't get it. Its a shame cause I really really wanted this job, even the employment agency I went through thinks its a perfect match for me. Oh well I guess I just have to wait till they ring me and tell me either way....




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your nails look great Carlton - its somwthing I have been meaning to go and do!

Apple2Hourglass said...

Your nails look great, I get mine done (liquid gel) but I keep them fairly short as I type a lot at work.
I might keep them longer for Christmas though.
Have you heard about the job yet?
Bri

Jaxx said...

Love the nails and good luck with the job and hope you are still not waiting :-)

Anne said...

Love the nails, I also get them done but on the short side.

Good luck re the job - we always say that no news is good news:-)

Waging a War Against Weight said...

I too really hope u got the job! Said a little prayer for you! U sound like me with the lay-bys - it's the easiest way to get the stuff u want while it's on sale when u don't have the money! Thank- you for the comment the other day it's nice to know someone has read my blog and I'm really enjoying yours. Take care :)

~closed~ said...

Any word yet??? I really hope you got the job! Your tree is beautiful! We will have a small one too because there is no room, other than the tub, to put one. AND, I LOVE your nails. I just got mine put back on after 4+ years without them. They make a lot of racket on the keyboard, however! I'll check back to see if you got the job. GOOD LUCK!