Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Busy preparing for Christmas

I've been meaning to post an update for the past few days, however I have been busy preparing for Christmas day. Mind you there is only 3 of us, Brad, my Brother Paul and myself. I decided as part of my brothers Christmas present this year I would do some baking. He is getting half of each slice, with the other half remaining at home. He may or may not eat it all, however, he can always take it to work and his work mates will eat it.

Right and above is White Christmas slice

They are not all low fat slices, however I did cut them up into smaller pieces i.e. if the recipe says it makes 12, I cut it up to 24 pieces. I have also worked out the points for each slice so if I do have some I can work them into my daily points.



Left is a Muesli Slice







Below is Bailey's Rocky Road Fudge




Right is Christmas Brownies






We have also just cooked/are cooking a stuffed chicken, leg of lamb, piece of pork. We will also have some leg ham, as I have half a ham, green salad, coleslaw (low fat) and a weight watchers potato salad. Dessert will consist of either some fruit salad or I have small individual Christmas puddings with low fat custard. I have already planned my menu for the day and whilst I will go over my 22 points by about 8, I have been saving some points already this week and will have plenty spare for the day.

Needless to say there will be plenty of left overs for dinner and the days to come. Good thing is that I can leave some of it at my brothers place for him to eat as well...
Christmas day will be spent at my brothers and depending on how much we have to drink, we will be spending the night too. Yes I have planned to have either a bottle of Pink (low joule one) sparkling wine, which is 3.5 points for the whole bottle or 4 free vodka cruises which are 1 point each during the day and night...

I can't believe how organised I am this year and that Christmas is only days away.

All I have to do is go grocery shopping tomorrow to buy the fruit and vegetables for the salads and buy the cats Christmas presents..

Oh and I must mention that I managed to lose 2.5 kilos last week after the very huge gain the week before. Pretty happy about that..


2 comments:

boringsahm said...

Wishing you and your family a wonderful and very Merry Christmas and a cheerful New Year also!

That site you have used for the White Christmas has the most delicious foods but sadly not very diet friendly and aren't you a good girl to work out al the cals/points.. I dread to think what my Christmas treats will add up to be!

xox Jo

Chris H said...

I can't believe you made all those slices! I would not be able to resist them! MERRY CHRISTMAS mate.