Sunday, December 14, 2008

Gym...

If I'm honest with myself, I haven't been 100% committed to my Weight Watchers program since September, which is no surprise to any one that reads this blog or that I chat to in the weight watchers chat room. I have always struggled with exercise mainly because I hate being hot and sweaty and would rather do anything else.

I also haven't been to the gym since September and have been saying to myself that I must get back, however life just keeps getting in the way.

I decided this morning that I am going to put myself first for a change and have decided to exercise again. I was going to go for a walk but I have this gym membership which I haven't been using and feel guilty if I go for a walk and not go to the gym.. So today I went back to the gym. I only used the treadmill and the exercise bike but I feel so much better for it. Mind you I was there for 1 hour and 20 minutes so I did have a good workout.

I think I have come out from behind the clouds, as I'm excited about this weight loss journey again.. I can do this and I will do this.

Edit 10.20 p.m.:- Brad and I went to lunch at Oatley Pub with my brother and whilst I made an OK choice I could have down without eating the hot chips that I did. On the good side we did walk from Mortdale to Oatley Pub (25 minutes each way), so I got additional exercise points which covered the amount of chips that I ate... I'm feeling pretty good right now, not sore of anything considering its been 3 months since I've been to the gym so if I feel this good tomorrow morning I will go again... LOL....


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there Carlton - Congrats on going to the gym - keep up the great work.
Lisa aka pinky 1968

~closed~ said...

Woo-Hoo Carlton! I'm glad you enjoyed the gym. The hardest part is getting there, but you did and you stayed over an hour. That's awesome.

Heather said...

Well done Carlton - good on you for getting to the gym, and for an hour and 20 minutes! I too find it really hard to get inspired to exercise...but I know it makes the world of difference when I do. BTW, You look great in those school reunion photos.

xx Heth

Chris H said...

WEll done chick, wish I could get back into the groove again... *sigh*.... maybe after this week???

shetri said...

Hi carlton im shetri from the chat room. my name is sherrin. It does feel good when you do something for yourself and put you first.

Today i went to the doctors and got my but kicked by the doctor.
full story on my blog shetrijourney.blogspot.com
But today i went for an 30 minute walk. I feel so good and energised.

i am going to walk everyday for 30min and increase everyweek 5min at a time.

Well keep up the good work.
from sherrin