Wednesday, October 08, 2008

A Break Through.........

This picture of the 3 pigs - pigging out over lunch, is how I have been feeling lately. Especially when I see photos of me. Most of my posts have reflected this and my poor attitude... I realise this blog is about my journey including the good and the bad, but it seems that I only come here to whinge about the bad stuff and don't really celebrate the good stuff. From now on I will try and change this.

Cheers to me, even if I do say so myself. Now after our discussions, I've made a break through with Brad regarding his weight. He has put on 10 kilos since he moved in and with him being short it is really noticeable.


He has decided to give WW another go but he doesn't want to go to meetings (fine by me, as long as he sticks to the program). So today we went out and bought him the Weight Watches @ Home Men's kit, lucky we have the Weight Watchers M
yers shop 3 kms from home. He has started re-reading the kit information tonight and will officially start the program on Saturday. It is so going to make my life so much easier. We can again support each other and there will be no junk food in the house.... I'm so happy.... On a serious note, I will also be able to stop stressing over his weight and health.... Just need to get my act together now.... Its happening but need to keep taking it one day at a time....

I've been using the STGTBT (Symply Too Good to Be True - Low Fat) cookbooks this week and Brad loves the food. We have had the Butter Chicken, Chinese Beef and Sweet and Sour Pork so far. From memory none of the main meals have been higher than 5 points. I think I might use them for a little while longer....

Today has been an OK day for me. Lots and Lots of stuff has been done. Work, washing, nails, shopping and a wonder around the shopping centre.


I went
over my points slightly today thanks to the Skinny Cow Sundae's. I saw them advertised in the Health and Slimming Mag (I think it was) and just had to go and find them in the supermarkets. They are a lot like the WW ones but only 2 points instead of 2 1/2 points. They were yummy but I have to call them evil at the same time. They come in packs of 4 and surprise surprise there is now only 1 left in the box and I'm the only one who ate them. So have to put them in the bottom of the freezer where I can't see them.

I haven't tried the Ice Cream Sticks yet just the Sundae Cups. I might wait until I have a little more control over ice cream before I give the Ice Cream Sticks a go....


Overall I am pretty happy with how the past few days have gone... At least I'm putting one step in front of the other and going forward again...


Carlton

2 comments:

Jaxx said...

Love those cookbooks I use them heaps :-). I can't have things in the house and stop at one either so just don't have them....

Chris H said...

Yaa for breakthroughs, and dang, I don't use ANY cookbooks!