Monday, October 06, 2008

2 months 2 weeks and 5 days till......

Yes you guessed it... Christmas Day. Its scary how quickly this year has gone.

At the beginning of this year my goal was to lose 30 kilos this year (whilst I do have more than that to lose.) I thought 30 kilos in 52 weeks, that will be easy. Well I can honestly say that it hasn't been easy and I've only lost half my goal weight so far. Half is better than none but I am disappointed with my overall results...

I'd love to be under 90 kilos for Christmas but I'm finding things a real struggle at the moment. I've been home for just under 1 week so far and really struggling to get back into my routine. I keep eating crap and I haven't done any planned exercise since I've been home. Now I don't want to put too much pressure on myself but if I'm to get close to my Christmas goal then I have to pull my finger out and start tracking and exercising again.

Tomorrow is a new day and as I type this I am planning on going back to the gym.. I have also planned my meals out for the day. This is a good start....

Below is a recent picture of me taken in Thailand in front of James Bond Island...

I'm not happy with how I look, especially with the spare tyre around the middle...
I am also not happy with how I feel about myself. I realise that I am the only one who can change my habits and my feels towards myself and I am working on them. Just need to vent some of my frustrations at the moment.

During the past few days all I have been doing is stuffing my face with junk food/crap and not worrying about it, but its not making me feel horrible and unhappy with myself. Today was a better food day but still not a great one. The good thing is that we don't have a lot of crap in the house and I've been taking to Brad about not buying any more crap. We both really need to lose weight.

So I am going to use this photo to motivate me as I never want to look like this again. Next time I go overseas I will be a lot thinner and happier with myself...



Carlton









3 comments:

Anne said...

So hard to get back on track, but just try a day at a time. Oncce the first day is done, it's helps!

Even though you haven't reached the goal you set, you are still heading in the right direction.

Heather said...

Hey Carlton
You must've had a great holiday! Good on you - you deserved it! So glad to see you back again, though I can imagine it being tricky to get back into the swing of things. Especially after such an awesome time :). Welcome home!

Chris H said...

I think you look lovely mate! Good on you for having such a FANTASTIC loss so far this year! Don't put yourself down, you are doing bloody great.