Sunday, May 18, 2008

Feeling Optmistic about things...

I think I cat fairy has blessed my house over the past few days, well maybe not but since Brad has joined weight watchers yesterday things have been a bit better.

Yesterday was a bit of a tense day, as he was getting use to the program and points system. I can't believe he read each and every page of both points guides during the day. I helped him plan his food yesterday and got the feeling that I'd have to plan both of our food diaries every day and so wasn't looking forward to that. Some days I can barely plan my own food, let alone someone else's. The only meal we eat the same is dinner.

Brad gets up a few hours earlier than me, you could say he's a morning person and I'm not, so by the time I'd gotten myself out of bed, he had planned today's food all on his own (we had already worked out what we were having for dinner the night before). I have to admit I was really impressed, I only had to suggest he eat a little more at lunch time instead of snacking during the day. At the moment he seems really focused on this. For his stake I hope he has a good week this week, otherwise his mojo will probably slip. Oh he has also found the joy of increasing your fluid to 8 cups a day, when your not use to it. The only toilet we have is upstairs and right now he wants to put another one in the laundry downstairs (really old townhouse with only one toilet).

The weather was quiet chilly today and I wasn't feeling very well, think a cold might be coming on but we did manage to go for a 30 minute walk tonight. I need to slowly introduce him to walking, that way he can keep up with me. I so hate when we go for a 60 minute walk, cause its a bit too far for him to keep up with me and I end up walking about 8 paces in front of him and think why bother walking together, I should just go by myself instead.

I'm feeling very in control at the moment and great about this journey again.

I will get to goal, one day!!!!!!!!!!! It will happen I just need to keep taking one step at a time......... As my weight watchers leader said to me the other day, we will have lots of bad times during this journey but all that matters, is that we keep going on it and never give up.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Hi there
Thx for the kind words on my blog. It's good that you and Brad are following the plan together - that must make life a lot easier especially when it comes to cooking...which I have never done so much of in a long time. Planning meals is something I'm trying to get organised enough to do :)

Hope you're having a good week!

Catch you here or there on the boards.

Heather x

boringsahm said...

You have been tagged (sorry!) Head to my blog.