Wednesday, October 04, 2006

1st Anniversary

Today is a special day, its the first anniversary of my mum's death. I can't believe 12 months has past, it has gone so fast.

It seems like only a few months ago that we spend the weekend in the hospital very sadly watching her die and not being able to do anything about it.

The picture here is my mum on her wedding day - 14/11/54. As this is such a lovely dress and picture, I thought I'd share it will you all.

Whilst I have spend the past 12 months mourning my mum and been going through so tough times, today is the day that I have to start living again.

Mum would want me to live again and would probably be a little disappointed with my reaction over the past 12 months. But what is done is done. My mum was such a special person who I could talk to about anything and would not judge me too much. She would just listen and then try to help me out. She would also do anything for me and go without if I needed something.

From today on it's time to look after myself and life life again. I will never forget my mum and I hope that the pain of losing her will start to subside a little.

I'm off shortly to the cemetery and visit her cremation plot.

Carlton
Take one step at a time. Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Big BIG hugs Mel! It sure has been a tough year for you and your family. I hope today is really special for you when you visit your mum and yes, it's time to look after yourself and keep living this crazy thing called life :-)

x

Briony said...

Oh sweetie, big hugs to you. You're in my thoughts today. And YES it is time to start living life again for you, and we're here to help you.
Bri

Mel. said...

Thanks guys you are both such lovely people and I am lucky to hav met you both.

michelle said...

That is a beautiful picture. Thankyou for sharing. Of course you won't forget your mum. As well as your mum she was your best friend. And the mourning does not stop but it does fade a bit. Remember as corny as it sounds she is still living through you. Live well for her as well as for yourself. BIG HUGS to you.

MollyRoxanne said...

what a beautiful pic!! Carlton *hugs* you did it - you did your first anniversary.

Mel. said...

Thanks everyone for your hugs, kind words and thoughts. Lets hope the others become easier.

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

I am glad you have decided that today is the start of a new beginning... Your mum would have wanted that...
Stay positive and live life each day as it comes...
Hugs WBS

Mel. said...

Thanks WBS for your kind words.