Monday, October 23, 2006

D day has arrived for my Interview.

Well today was D Day, yes it has come around so very fast. I feel like I haven't had enough time to prepare for my interview this afternoon but then again no matter how much I revise my presentation all I want to do is change it.

About 6 p.m. got home from the interview. It was in the city and wasn't until 3.30 p.m. today. I was incredible nervous all day to the point I had problems eating but the closer the time of the interview came the calmer I got. I think the interview went well and I did my best. I'm actually pretty happy with how it all went overall.

There comments were that I did really well and they like the visual aids and the actual power point presentation format that I used. I think I even got a few more brownie points as I had copies of the presentation for them to keep. They said I asked some very good questions and like that I had put in a lot of research and preparation of the interview.

When I asked for feedback and if I had any gaps to work on, all they would say is that I did really well and they will go away and look at the 3 interviews and let us know within 2 days.

The actual job is with the company I already work for, so I will be just an internal transfer. They also told me that they only interviewed 3 people for the role and I actually work with one of them.

I gave it my best shot and if I don't get it I'm happy that I got to the final 3 and I gave it a go. I will find out within the next few days if I got it or not.

The whole experience has made me feel very motivated and that I can do anything I want to.


Carlton
Take One Step at a Time.

3 comments:

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Got everything crossed for you... well not everything.. haha... that would be no fun...

Mel. said...

thanks WBS...... you need to have some fun........ great calorie burner as well.

Mary said...

I hope you got the job and either way, it's one step closer to moving on! :-)