Sunday, March 05, 2006

Weekend

Well the weekend has been interesting on my new program. Lots of temptation and some I have not been able to resist but overall I think its been ok.

Eating every 5 hours can be a little tough and being restricted with what food I can eat can be a challenge as well, specially visiting bf and friends.

Bf and I had a rather frank chat this afternoon, which was good. I explained about the sure slim program and why I felt I had to change from ww to sure slim which is a lot more restrictive. I think he understands why. We are taking it one day at a time but things have promise. Communication and expectations are out biggest problems. I was raised in a family environment that you didn't share your feelings or concerns but worked them out yourself. This makes it really hard for me to open up to not only him but to others as well and ask for help. It also doesn't help that we have limited contact (both my phone and in person) at the moment.

Whilst I ate some cream cake yesterday at my aunts, I was very good a visits today in that I ate before I went and drank black tea and water. When asked if I wanted something from the vending machine I said no. I've explained that under my new program I can't drink diet soft drink or eat anything from the machine. We've decided at the moment to only have 1/2 day visits to help me with my program.

Today was a good day.

3 comments:

Me said...

YAY for a good day. Am glad to hear that you and bf had a good chat - communication is such an important part of any relationship.
Put the cream cake behind you and just stay positive moving forward.
Have a great week !

Mel. said...

Thanks Me. You have a good week as well.

Briony said...

Good on you for saying no to the vending machine, sometimes they are so persuasive!
Bri