Saturday, November 15, 2008

WI Day - they just seem to come around so fast some weeks.

Yes today is WI day and I had a loss, it was a small loss but a loss is a loss. I only have myself to blame that it wasn't a bigger loss. I did do some exercise but I didn't really stick to my points that well.

I now weigh 102.5 kilos.

I decided today that I would change from the Points plan to the Core plan. I've tried Core a few times and haven't had that much success with it. This time is different as I need to follow a low GI diet and Core and they seem to fit together nicely.

So today I have planned my food and eaten mostly core food. I did have a few little treats before I decided to switch to Core and used a few points. The good thing is that we did some exercise this afternoon and I earned enough exercise points to equal out the points I used today.

Life seems to be a little bit all over the place at the moment. After a few hassles with the people I work for and lack of money, I've decided to look for another job and go back to Banking. I saw a few Employment Agency's during the week and have a couple of interviews next week. Its funny cause they are both with the same Bank, its just one is full time and the other is a 6 month contract. I think I want the full time role as it is a floor below where I use to work for the Bank and easy to get to, the other one is in Parramatta and the parking can be a bit difficult to get.

As for my test results and seeing the dietitian, I've had to move both appointments to next Thursday. Will be interesting what happens then.

I also got a letter from Breast Screen during last week advising me that I have to go for some more tests on Monday (this is the reason I had to move my GP appointment). These tests can take between 2-4 hours. Apparently 1 in 20 woman are asked to come in for some more tests and then 1 in 10 are actually diagnosed with breast cancer. Just hope after the additional tests I turn out to me in the 9 out of 10 that are clear. As you can imagine I freaked when I got the letter and immediately started crying and thinking the worst. I'm now a lot calmer about it and sure I will be fine. Mind you I haven't told Brad about it yet and don't intend to until I get the results from Monday. I don't want him to worry unnecessarily. He is already stressed about work, RFB, money etc. He doesn't need the extra stress of my health right now. He will probably also go off when I do tell him but I hope he understands why I didn't tell him right away.

I've had a pretty successful day on Core today and can't believe that I feel really satisfied and don't need to eat anything else. The past few weeks I've been really hungry after dinner and pigged out, that's where I've gone over my points. Tonight's dessert was a tub of WW fruit and jelly which is 0 points.

Carlton

2 comments:

Kimmy said...

Hi Carlton, congrats on the loss this week. And the change to core, hope it works for you. Fingers crossed for your extra test this week too. I hope it is just a false alarm and you get the all clear. Thinking of you.

Chris H said...

Hi chick, hope the Core works for you, your'e doing really well! As for the breast screen... GOOD LUCK!