Tuesday, November 18, 2008

And the waiting begins - hope this week goes quickly


I didn't sleep all that well last night, and it wasn't because of thinking about Friday and my results. More because I sleep on my right side or my stomach and I couldn't last night cause it hurt too much. Think I might have a bit of a stroll later this morning before the forecast rain comes and take it easy today. Unless its urgent work can wait a day till I'm feeling a bit better.

I don't have much else to day right now cause I haven't actually been up all that long so I better go and have some breakfast etc...

Hi to everyone and hope you all have a good day.

Edit:- 11.48 a.m. I've just been for a 45 minute stroll to the post office and back to get some parcels that I wasn't home for yesterday. Its a bit overcast today and is forecast to rain later on.

I've been thinking about the past few days and am really amazed how strong I have been especially with my eating. I haven't emotionally eaten once. Whilst some of my choices yesterday were not great (I had to use some points from my weekly allocation) that was more because of the lack of healthy food around the Hospital. Mind you if I'd turned left out of the hospital instead of right, I would have been able to walk up to King St Newtown and there are lots and lots of great places to eat there, but then again my mind wasn't really with it at lunch time. I really can't believe that they have McDonald restaurants next to Hospitals cause their food is crap, even their healthy menu is not really that healthy....

I'm also amazed how comfortable I have been being half naked around complete strangers. I have pretty big breasts and not once during the process have I felt uncomfortable.

Whilst the mammograms do not hurt, they can be uncomfortable for between 10-20 seconds when they compress the breast to take the picture, I'd much prefer the biopsy process as you don't feel a thing (thanks to the local that they give you).


1 comments:

celtic_girl said...

Oh Carlton, I'm saying a prayer you get good news with your results.

My mum just went through the same thing last week (she also didn't tell anyone) - thankfully her news was all good.

Take care my friend.