Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The joys of job hunting

I haven't been happy working where I am for a while and it doesn't help that these people have been stuffing us around, so I've decided to find another job. Working from home is great but I do miss working with other people and roaming around the shops at lunch time etc....

I've spend the past month or so thinking about this and what I want to do, do I want to go back to the Finance Industry, to I want a change and go into administration/office work. Well originally I decided I wanted a change and applied for a few jobs, however, I didn't get anywhere with these, not even a phone call, or feedback that I should stay in the finance industry. I even showed interest in a temp jobs doing, filing, photocopying, faxing or basic office work and whilst I realise I've got a lot of finance industry, you still have to do these things in this industry too, however I didn't even hear back from this agency.

So I decided to go back to the finance Industry. I had a interview last week for a Lenders position which was a very basic position but paying pretty good money, unfortunately I think I said a few things in the interview that went against me so I didn't get the position. Oh well I've learnt from that and will not make that mistake again.

I've been talking to another agency and they have a pretty good job going with a top 5 Bank and this position whilst not as senior as the one I last held, actually pays more than I was getting. Got to love that... Things are looking good for this job. I've already had the interview with the Agency and yesterday I had an interview with the Bank. I got pretty good feedback via the Agency today and tomorrow I'm going to the next stage of the Psychological test. This test can take up to 4 hours to do. It makes me laugh that I have done this kind of job before and I have had 22 years experience in the Finance Industry but I have to do these tests to see if I have the right personality to work in this industry. Well if it comes back as a negative I've wasted the past 22 years!!!!!!!

I do really want this job, its perfect for me, perfect location and good money... I'm feeling pretty happy about how this is progressing at the moment. If for some unknown reason I don't get the job, I will continue looking and have a few other options up my sleeve they are just not as good as this one or as good a fit for me. Even the Consultant at the agency said this to me....

One of the down falls about working from home and losing weight is that I can wear anything I like cause no one seems me and that none of my business clothes fit me anymore and are way too big. They so need to be replaced and money is tight right now. I have managed to fit into a suit that is a few years old, which is great and I did go and buy some new pants and a few new shirts. The good thing is that whilst the Finance industry is a business attire industry you don't have to wear suits to work everyday.... I don't want to have to go out and buy a whole new wardrobe of clothes but I also realise that I do need to look like I fit into the business attire circle. What I have in my wardrobe will have to do for now and I'm sure that once I've been paid my first pay cheque I will get a few more pants or suits... I do have plenty of tops/shirts to wear. I do like the idea of wearing suits especially in Winter cause its easier when you visit clients and you look smart. However no point buying heaps of them cause I will be a smaller size in winter and I will have just wasted money.

The pair of pants I bought to wear to work are a size 16 (they do have elastic waist) and I'm currently wearing a size 20 top/shirt. Pretty happy with that. My suit is a size 18 pants (no elastic) and a 20 Jacket.... When I started this weight loss journey I was wearing a size 22 pants and a 24/26 top, depending on the top itself.

4 comments:

Joanne said...

Its great to see the clothing size drop like that!! Good luck, I hope you get the job!!

~closed~ said...

Interviewing itself can be stressful...and add to that a psychological test?! I'm hoping you find the job you want. It's out there just waiting for you! Great news about the clothes. We are similar in that I have to wear larger tops. At my weight, it's suprising to most that I can wear an XL pant if it has elastic waist. If I didn't have this freakin' belly! ARRRRGGG....anyway...best of luck to you!!

boringsahm said...

"...none of my business clothes fit me anymore and are way too big.." What a wonderful thing!

I need a job too, I'll be your secretary and best of luck!

PS: Thanks for being a follower to my blog, you made me feel special!

Chris H said...

Awesome that you have dropped so many clothes sizes! It is a great feeling eh? Bummer that you need new clothes now though, with money being tight.