Monday, November 17, 2008

Breast Screen update


I've just gotten home from picking Brad up and from being at the RPA (Royal Prince Alfred Hospital). I ended up being at RPA all day (from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.). I found out from the first mammogram they found 1 lump in my left breast and 3 in my right breast. Today when I had a 2nd mammogram and the lump they thought they saw in my left breast isn't there anymore, so that's good news but the 3 in my right breast were still there. So then I had to have an ultrasound to see if they were fatty cysts or if they were hard. Unfortunately they are hard. This afternoon I had a core biopsy's done on the 3 lumps in my right breast. They think the lumps are not cancerous but I have to wait until Friday to find out for sure.

Oh and yes I did let Brad all about it as I had to explain to him why I was late in picking him up. He was really good about it all and didn't even get mad that I had kept it from him until today.

1 comments:

Chris H said...

Better to know than wonder, what you have done is awesome, good luck for a good result on friday mate.