Friday, November 21, 2008

Test Results are in................


Breast screen rang this morning to tell me that my results were negative, yes that's right NEGATIVE..... Yay, I don't have breast cancer and that I didn't need to go and see them this afternoon. Breastscreen will now continue to monitor the size of the lumps via mammograms every 2 years and if they don't change in shape or size things will continue as normal. If they do change then another biopsy will be needed. I can live with that. Needless to say I can't remember the last time I was this happy.... I'm also happy cause I didn't have to drive the 45 min drive to RPA and find parking. They are going to post me a copy of the Dr's report and also send it to my GP so she has a copy of it as well.

I also wish to acknowledge Jenny my Breastscreen Nurse Counsellor who is an absolutely lovely and caring person. I was pretty upset when I walked into the Centre on Monday and she couldn't do enough for me. She also held my hand during the core biopsy. Whilst Jenny will never read this, I just want to thank her so much you made the whole journey so much easier....

Thanks everyone for your kind words and thoughts during this past week. I really do appreciate it.

Brad too the day off today to go to the appointment with me and was disappointed that he didn't get to see where RPA is. Mmmmm not sure about his thinking there. We ended up walking around a shopping centre buying stuff that we probably didn't need to... Oh well.

Its also my cat Zac's 7th birthday today and he is being spoilt.... I've had him since he was 6 months old and it doesn't seem like 6 1/2 years have gone past. Time fly's when your having fun I guess.




4 comments:

Kimmy said...

YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY

I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU.

Chris H said...

FANTASTIC, FAN-FRIKKEN-TASTIC~!!!!! I am so relieved for you. Now you can relax and have a stressfree weekend mate. enjoy it and have one for me.

Kim said...

Am so very glad to read that the tests came back negative. Sorry I didnt coment earlier but I promise that I was sending you big positive vibes.

Hugs
Kim and Erynn

Jaxx said...

Am so glad the results were good :-). Have a great weekend.