Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Venting again

Yesterday was a bit better day, my dad has calmed down and my brother and I have had a talk with the nursing staff. We think dad got how he was because the nursing home ran out of his hormone treatment tablets, in fact he hadn't had them since Friday. I can't believe they allowed him to run out of them and then tried to make out that it was it was dad's fault he was acting like he was and labelling him too aggressive. After all they dispense the medication to him and should know when they are running low, how hard is it for them to reorder more then. Obviously real hard. My brother and I have talked about this at length and have decided that dad was like he was because of the lack of medication and that whilst he knew what he was doing, he didn't have control over it. Cancer is such a horrible thing to have. Again I can't get over the fact that the nursing staff left it up to us to calm him down and sort things out.

My eating is getting better and I am eatting health food during the day, it just appears that my problem is at night. Most nights when I get home I am too tired to cook a healthy meal and always take the easy option. Whilst I didn't eat that well last night, I at least acknowledge it and that it took the same amount of time to cook something unhealthy as what it does to cook a healthy stir fry.

Rainbow and I are going to start again on Tuesday and support each other, which will be good.
We are both struggling at the moment and can help each other get past this.

Thanks WSB & Rainbow for your comments, concerns and support. I really appreciate them. We can and will do this together. I'm feeling better about things today.

Carlton
Take One Step at a time

5 comments:

boringsahm said...

Sorry to hear how life has dragged you on the dirt path Carlton but also good to know that there are friends there to support you when you need them.

As your quote says, "one step at a time" and it's okay if you need help to take those steps, you never need to do it alone.

xox Jo (MamaJJ)

abc said...

Carlton you so right. It is not acceptable that they let him run out of hormone tablets. Unbelievable. I'm glad things are a bit better. Seem for both of us for different reasons, nights time suck diet wise. We'll think of something. Maybe Lite and easy for night times. They also have great little low cal deserts. We cuold commit to that and nothing esle in the evenings for 2 weeks during weeknights, and see how we go. Just an option, let me know what you think. We are going to do this Carlton. I have a birthday on May 24th and I WILL be in back in the 80's by then.

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Of course you can both do this... we can all do this..
Tuesday sounds like a good day to start... specially after easter eggs.. wooohooo
looking forward to having choccie..i have been such a good girl lately...
Time to be baaaaaaaad.. haha

MSU gal said...

you can do it.

I have the same problem with "night eating".

I am praying for your dad. Sorry i haven't been round but I have been working too much.

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Hey there Carlton...
I have just posted again.. you just missed it! we must be following each other again!! haha
Hope you are doing ok...