Thursday, April 05, 2007

Time to get real.

Hi everyone. Its time for me to get real and get on with this journey of losing weight. The issues going on in my life are here to stay and really I just need to deal with them and find ways to work around them. I must remember that there are people worse off than me in this world.


I have taken 2 new photos of me tonight. They are below, they also show my new haircut (which everyone at work just loves). They are also the first step in me being accountable to you all. Rainbow and I are starting a fresh on Tuesday 10/4/2007. At this stage I'm not sure of what my weight is but I will weigh myself tomorrow and post that as well.







This one is taken in the bathroom doorway. As you can see I'm not feeling very happy about this photo or my life at the moment.








This one is taken in my bedroom a few minutes after the other one.








Rainbow and I have decided to break this journey down into mini goals and the first one starts on 5/4/07 and runs for 2 months till 5/7/07. At that time I plan to take another photo and show you the difference. My first goal is to lose 8 kilos in this time and I have a stretch goal of 10 kilos. As I said the 10 kilos is a stretch and something for me to aim at.

If I don't start now then I am not going to have anything to wear this winter, as all my winter clothes are 1 - 2 sizes smaller than I take now and I don't really have any spare cash to buy new clothes. All my winter clothes were only bought last year.

Bring it on is all I can say.


Carlton
Take One Step at a Time

4 comments:

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Woooohooooo well hello Carlton...
Good to see you girl...
You can do alot in two months... and we are here to help you along...
Good luck to both you and Rainbow...
I might even join you both in a mini challenge.. hehe
2 months hey...
I can do that...
Might help me to get closer to my next goal...

abc said...

You go girl! Good for you!!!! I can just feel you are going to do, WE ARE going to do this. I love what you said about just learning to deal with some of the crap in your life and not letting it get in the way of 'you'. Carlton, just imagine how great you will feel back into double digits, back into those new winter clothes, with your nice short hairstyle - you will feel fabulous. I think you look really nice in that short hair-do, with a nice outfit on. Remember that we are not our weight. We are awesome and wonderful just as we are, for who we are.... but we feel better weighing less, and thats why are going to lose the weight. Plus its better for our health to weigh less.

Mel. said...

Thank you both for your kind words and support.
I do actually feel better about doing this now that I have opened myself up a little more than I normally do online.

boringsahm said...

I can really feel you positivity on reaching these goals Carlton, I believe you can do it and will succeed!

xox Jo