Monday, April 09, 2007

June 5 Challenge Strategy



I chose this picture for this post only because I liked it and not because it has anything to do with this post.


If you have read my previous post today you will see that I'm struggling at the moment with my self believe and if I can do this Challenge or not.

OK below is my strategy for the June 5 Challenge.

1. I need some structure in my eating program so I am going to go back to the Core program of Weight Watchers. I have tried a few other programs during the past few years and they have not worked as well.
2. I will use my HRM to record my exercise calories.
3. Will exercise for minimum 60 minutes, 5 times a week minimum (each time burning 500 or more cals)
4. I will have a proper breakfast every morning.
5. I will drink 2.5 litres of water per day.
6. If I eat carbs, they will be low Gi.
7. I will stay away from highly processed food and eat food closer to their natural state.
8. I will not drink carbonated drinks like coke, light coke, coke zero and junk food like chips, cheezels, twisties.
9.I will use post my food diary on my blog and exercise diary every single day no matter what.
10.I will not buy chocolate but as I have a lot of it from easter, I will allow myself 1 small egg per week (preferably weekend). However, on these days I will need to exercise for 2 hours. (these eggs are 812 kj or 203 calories & 12 grams of fat).
11. I will post my thoughts, feelings, struggles every day on my blog.
12. I will ask for help when I need it.
13. I will not put too much pressure on myself to achieve and take one day as it comes.

I have a feeling that it might still be a work in progress and I will probably add to them as I think of more things to help me with the challenge.

Carlton
Take One Step at a time.

5 comments:

boringsahm said...

It's okay to feel apprehensive of the changes you want to make, everything takes time. I think you need to rearrange your list and this should be number 1 and not last: "I will not put too much pressure on myself to achieve and take one day as it comes."

And what sort of eggs are they? If they are the cadbury hunt eggs, they are only 17g so 89cals (trust me I've checked as we have bucket loads in this house too!

Mel. said...

thanks for your comments boringsahm. The strategy points were not in any particular order, just how I thought of them. Yes I get your point it is important for me not to put too much pressure on myself.
The eggs are the cadbury ones, they come in the milk cartoons. I also double checked the calorie count on the box and it turns out it is for 2 eggs and not one. So looks like I can have 2 eggs per week.

abc said...

Hey I left a long comment for you - its gone :(

Rachel said...

Hi Carlton,

I got your link off wanna_b_slim's blog.

Your June 5 challenge sounds exciting, can't wait to hear more about it........good luck!

Rachel

www.rachelsweightchallenge.blogspot.com

Mel. said...

Thanks Rachael. I will check out your blog.