Friday, April 06, 2007

The June 5 Challenge startes Tuesday 10 April 2007


Yes I am joining Rainbow in a challenge called The June 5 Challenge. This is a challenge to get us back in the zone and losing weight. This is an 8 week challenge, commencing on 10/4/07 and my goal is to lose 8 kilos during this time and my stretch goal is to lose 10 kilos. I really need to lose weight to fit into my winter clothes, as I don't have the money to buy new ones again this Winter.

I will clean out my fridge, freezer and pantry and throw out any food that doesn't fit into this challenge.

My strategy for this challenge is still a work in progress and some more thought needs to go into it. A draft strategy is as follows:-

1. I need some structure in my eating program so I am going to go back to the Core program of Weight Watchers. I have tried a few other programs during the past few years and they have not worked as well.

2. I will use my HRM to record my exercise calories.

3. Will exercise for minimum 60 minutes, 5 times a week minimum (each time burning 500 or more cals)

4. I will have a proper breakfast every morning.

5. I will drink 2.5 litres of water per day.

6. If I eat carbs, they will be low Gi.

7. I will stay away from highly processed food and eat food closer to their natural state.

8. I will not drink carbonated drinks like coke, light coke, coke zero and junk food like chips, cheezels, twisties.

9.I will use post my food diary on my blog and exercise diary every single day no matter what.

10.I will not eat or buy chocolate.

As I said this is my draft. I promise I will post my final list by the end of Monday. Any comments or suggestions will be gratefully received.

As a side issue. today is my 20 year anniversary for working with the company that I work for. I never actually thought I'd get here but its been an interesting journey. For 20 years service you get a certificate signed by the CEO, a gold watch and about 5% of your salary into your superannuation. We actually had a BBQ lunch at work yesterday and I received my certificate of service and my watch. It was all very exciting. Now I just have to wait for my letter to tell me exactly how much they put into my superannuation.
Carlton
Take One Step at a Time.

2 comments:

boringsahm said...

Looks like a great and sensible plan, my only suggestion is to allow yourself a treat once a while. I really feel this is one reason I succeeded as I wasn't so strict and didn't give up all my loves entirely.

I don't mean a crazy day of bingeing on all you like, I mean a decisive choice to enjoy a piece of chocolate or glass of wine or whatever your favourite thing is. Make it part of your calorie count. If you feel you can't have that item in the house without being tempted, don't get it till the time you want it, walk down to the local corner shop and buy it that day.

But over all I think you have made a great strategy to succeed Carlton, will be eagerly awaiting your positive results soon.

xox Jo

abc said...

I'm so excited Carlton. I have been feeling like a beached whale lately... and every orning I feel like crap putting on my 'fat clothes' for work. But I have told everyone at work that I can nto fit into the suits I had when I started there and that I am this challenge and I will be in those suits on or before the 5th of June!!!

Hey Big Congratulations for your 20th work anniversary. That is quite something, especially in this day and age. How nice to get a gold watch and everything. The super contribution is great too! Well done!!