Thursday, April 20, 2006

Why do I do this to myself.

Why do I do the things I do to myself?????????????
Why do I sabotage myself??????????????
Why do I emotionally eat????????????????
Why am I not as mentally tough as I should be??????????
Why am I afraid to be thin????????????

I ask myself these and a lot more questions like them every day. What am I so afraid of??????????????

I have exercised for at least 90 mins each day for the past 4 days but still I find myself sabotaging myself each night. I have eaten so far 2 x 2 litre tubs of ice cream and a large block of chocolate.

I am so good during the day but night time is my big downfall. Why Why Why???????????????? If I knew the answers to this I wouldn't have a problem and be able to lose the weight I want to.

I am currently seeing a therapist about these problems, my depression and a few others as well. Will have to bring this up with her to see how I can deal with it.

I am so sick of exercising my but off and being good during the day but undoing it all when I get hom from work. I've had my whing for the day and better get back to work.

4 comments:

Me said...

I think that you are doing the best thing for yourself by seeing someone and working through the issues that you have.
I think that there are many of us who are emotional eaters, who sabotage ourselves and do all the things that you have mentioned - it doesn't make any of us bad people, it just means that we use different methods for dealing with things that come up in our lives.
Maybe what you need to do is find something to keep you busy at night - that way you won't want to eat because you will be busy doing something else - not watching TV but something that you have to use your hands - a craft or some cleaning - anything that involves your hands.
I think we all have times of the day when we battle more than others and it is really about learning to find ways to deal with those difficult times.
Hang in there - you are doing so well with your exercise - just take it one day at a time and don't be too hard on yourself.
Take care and look after yourself !
Me

Mel. said...

Thanks Me. I'm just feeling a little low today and having one of those days.

There's lots going on in my life at the moment and not all of it is positive. I do, do some craft and it helps but I need to have some more variety in what I do. Its normally the times between when I get home and when I have dinner that's the biggest problem.

Me said...

I know that time frame which is difficult for you - have you tried doing some exercise - either to a video / go for a walk or cycle / fitball. Then you could have a shower and sit down to your dinner after that.
Hope you find what works for you but remember that you have a support network to call on in need.
Take care and I hope you day gets better.
Me

Mel. said...

Thanks Me. I'm open to all suggestions at the moment that will keep me busy, away from food and distract me from what's going on with bf.