Thursday, April 27, 2006

Still can't believe it.

Still can't believe that one of my brothers is not here any more.

I discussed the situation with my therapist tonight and I can't believe that he has put his wife, children and other members of our family through all of this pain. I also can't believe that things got so much for him that he couldn't seek help and decided he couldn't cope with it any more.

The funeral is next week and I'm so not looking forward to it. I've just booked the airline tickets and am about to book a car for us to use during out stay.

So far my dad is taking it really well but like me it will hit him when we get there. My other 2 brothers seem to be taking it well but are getting more emotional about it the closer the funeral gets.

Its a day by day situation for me. It all seems so unreal. I know that Australia has the highest suicide rate of the world but you never think it will effect you, only others. It makes you really appreciate life and what you have when it does. Life is so special and short. We need to love ourselves, others we share it will and our lives. Take nothing for grated as it may all be gone tomorrow.

4 comments:

Me said...

Unfortuantely sometimes it does take a while before the reality of a situation hits you - this will be no exception.
All I can do right now is send lots of love and positive energy and off support in any way - please mail/phone me if you want to talk - I know you have your therapist who will do a better job than I could but know the offer is there if you need it.
Lotsa hugs to you.
Me

Mel. said...

Thanks me. I might take you up on your offer when I come back. One good thing is that my boss has found someone to do my job for another 2 weeks so there is no pressure to go back to work straight away, if I don't want then we come back from the funeral.

Mel said...

oh jesus mate
i am so so sorry about your brother

{{{hugs}}}

mel

Mel. said...

thanks mel.