Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Trip to the Zoo

I never thought I'd ever post a photo of me in this blog as I originally used it just to vent from problems and frustrations. Its taken me about 7 months to feel so comfortable with the people that read this blog that I have decided unveil myself and post a photo of the real me. (My therapist and exbf would be so proud I've taken this step.).

This photo was taken yesterday outside the new elephant exhibition, but sadly there were no elephants to see. After seeming this photo, I look so huge and it reminds me of how much I have let myself go in the past few weeks. I am going to get back on track from tomorrow and put an effort into my life and appearance. My current inspiration is the online bloggers dinner I'm going to mid August in Sydney. I have never met any one who is going to this dinner and is a little daunting & exciting at the same time. (Again this is outside my comfort zone and this isn't something I thought I'd ever do either).

Yesterday I went to the Zoo with a girlfriend, her kids and her mother. It was such a great day, weather wise it started off sunny in Sydney but got a little cold and overcast in the afternoon.

I had such a great time walking around the zoo and taking lots of pictures. I felt so alive and free, like I didn't have a problem in the world. We were there for about 5 hours and everyone was so tired when we left.

It was a shame that there is so much work going on in the Zoo that half of the exhibitions are closed and that the Asian elephants aren't there yet.

When I got home all I wanted to do was relax and sleep. It didn't help that I had such a headache.

Today is a day of relaxation. I didn't get out of bed until 11.30 a.m. and am off to do the shopping and have my nails done soon.

Carlton.

13 comments:

Briony said...

So you're coming to the Pre - C2S dinner! Excellent. I can't wait to meet you!
I think it's only three and a half weeks away now.
Bri

Mel. said...

Yes Bri I am coming to the Pre C2S dinner and I can't wait to met everyone also.
Time to put my bud into gear.

Mel. said...

thanks littlegrover and I'm sure things will be fine on the night.

Cinders said...

hi there, nice to see you've 'come out'. I wish I was coming to the dinner, you will have a ball.

Mel. said...

thanks Linda.

MSU gal said...

Greetings from Michigan, USA. I am struggling with the same weight issues and you are inspiring me to do something about it! Thanks!

Me said...

Thanks for the photos - sounds like you had a great day.
While I have met a couple of the girls, I am also nervous about meeting so many other new bloggers but I think it is going to be so much fun !!!
Take care and have a great week.
Me

MSU gal said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I have lost 3 pounds or 1.36 kilograms. Yes the good ole USA has not yet converted to metric. I think we are the only ones! I do have a metric converter on my cell phone however!

Check this out...
http://lessofsara.blogspot.com/
There is some good weight loss advice there!

Mel said...

oh man! what's the dinner! sounds like i'm missing out!

congrats on posting a pic, it's a great one! I love the statue you're sitting on, v cute too.

sorryi haven't commented lately, i'm having a shit time and eating for australia it seems

bleurg!
mel

Mel. said...

thanks everyone will update again soon. I've had visitors this weekend.

Mary said...

I love going to the zoo! Thanks for sharing a photo with us and I know how much of a big step that is. It's great that we've got such a great community that is so supportive. See you at the dinner!

abc said...

Hey carlton, what a great pic - you go girl! That statue is amazing - really nice. It sounds like a great enclosure. I was at the Werribbee open range zoo here in Melbourne and they were telling how the Melbourne Zoo updated its elephant enclosure a couple of years back. You have inspired me to go chec them out. I love the way you describe that free and easy feeling you got while there - I need to feel some of that. You are doing great Carlton. We all yoyo, let just keep each other fomr yoying in the right direction more than the wrong one - together we can do it. I truly believe that.

Mel. said...

thanks Mary and Suzie for your great comments.