Tuesday, July 11, 2006

My Journey

Thought I better do another update. Its been a while since I've been there. I managed to survive end of financial year, which for some reason wasn't as busy as last year with last minute loan requests.

My head has been all over the place lately. The new manager at work is doing my head in. I can't believe how someone can be so lasy and ready to palm off anything you can, especially when you've just started with a new company and are on probation. For someone who says that she managed a porfolio of 80 clients with lending up to $3million, she can't even speak to a client without help. Sorry whilst I do have high standards lending is lending which ever bank you work for. The basic questions are the same. You still need to ask:-

1. who's borrowing the funds.
2. what it is for.
3. how is it going to be repaid.
4. what is going to secure the loan.

All I have been asking her to do is ask the above questions and I will help her sort out the appropriate products, pricing etc.

Ok, she doesn't know the products and procedures but we can help her with that. For someone who has completed 4 years of Uni, she has no ability to retain any information and can not do anything without someone spoon feeding her.

I don't have time to spoon feed her with this job.
I do not have time to watch everything she does.
I do not have time to tell her what she needs to write in emails, letters etc.
I do not have time to sit in with every phone call etc.

I do expect that she can do the generic parts of the job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She has been working for this employer for 6 weeks now and with her so called experience as a relationship manager, she should be able to at least do the basic stuff. Am I really asking too much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm also stressing about exbf coming home. He comes home on Thursday this week and whilst I am happy he is coming home, its also doing my head in as well. I've been so on edge all week about this, we've even had a few big fights over this. I've taken 2 1/2 weeks off work and will be so glad when he is home and at his parents place.

Carlton

2 comments:

Briony said...

I think the impending visit of the ex-bf is making other problems seem worse. Keep your chin up honey and just know that you are an intelligent strong woman and you can survive his visit, just take one day at a time!
Bri

Mel. said...

Thanks Bri. I'm sure your on the right track and we will see how it goes when I go back to work.