Thursday, February 16, 2006

Losing the plot

Well my weight loss journey has well and truely run off the rails and I've lost the plot. I'm good most days but at night its another storey.

Went to see my therapist today to talk about my stuggles with losing weight and all of the things associated with that. We have decided to again focus on my self esteem and at night when I am looking to eat, I have to write down all of the good things that has happened to me during the day, all of the compliements and good thoughts I have done. I also have to keep a diary about what is happening to me during the day and what I am thinking during these times.

We are going to heavily concentrate on:-

1/ why I sabbatoge my good work with food,
2/ why I am afraid to be thin
3/ why I don't like myself
4/ why I emotionally (comfort) eat.

Hopefully this will help me over come what happened in 1991 and why I don't treat myself well. This will make for some heavy and interesting sessions.

2 comments:

Me said...

It is so hard when we sabotage our hard work and I can totally relate to what you are saying about it. I am in self destruct mode at the moment and I have to do something to stop where I am heading.
All you can do is take one meal at a time and work through the issues that you can - it is a great idea to write down the good things that have happened to you during the day to stop you eating - what about drinking water or taking up a craft to keep your hands busy with something other than food ?
Have a great weekend and look after yourself !
Me

Mel. said...

Thanks me. Drinking water is a great idea, whilst I tend to drink about 2-3 litres a day anyway I could always try to drink more.

I think life will get a little tougher and bumpy before it gets better but I just have to take it one day at a time and one therapy session at a time.