Monday, January 30, 2006

Why do I do it.

Why to I ruin all my good work?
Why to I buy ice cream when I'm hungry?
Why do I have to eat all the ice cream in one sitting?
Why to I shop when I'm hungry?
Why do I eat when I'm bored?
Why don't I exercise when I say I'm going to?
Why do I do the things I do?

If I had all the answers to the above I wouldn't have a eating problem or be over weight.

On saturday I had a great day out with my darling bf, we got on really well, had a really happy day, lots of fun and attention. I was so glad it happened. However, later that night I did the shopping and something made me buy 2 x 1 litre tubs of low fat ice cream. Main problem was that I had to eat them instead of having dinner. I know that I can't have them in the house but for some unknown reason I thought the out of site out of mind concept would work. How wrong I was and how sick I felt afterwoods. It was to the point that I wanted to take a nap and if I did that I wouldn't have slept that night.

Why Why Why do I do that. I know it not going to get me to goal or make me happy.

I did watch what I ate yesterday but did do the exercise that I had planned to do. Instead I slept in and started to reread AJ's book, Confessions of a Reformed Dieter. This book always seems to motivate me again. It appears to be a very good investment.

Today I have been very good. I have said no to the yummy morning tea and eatten fruit instead. I have so far stuck to my plan with only the afternoon and dinner to go. After dinner will be the real test as this is when I tend to eat out of boredom. My plan is to surf the net, read AJ's book, go for a walk and plan tomorrow's meals.

I've been thinking that I not really getting anything out of going to weight watchers and wondering if I should continue to go. Whilst I no I can't do it alone, I am thinking of joining AJ's website. As she tends to motive me, it might be better and easier with her help. It is $500 for 12 months which is also a lot cheaper than going to weight watchers for 12 months - $881.40. Will need to save the $500.00 as you need to pay it up front. Also need to decide if I want to join it before or after my holiday at the end of March to Melbourne for a week. I've got 5 more prepaid weight watchers coupons to go so will need to make a decision before then. Weight Watchers price is also going up $1.00 per week in February 2006.

This week I've also decided to count calories and fat content. I'm allowing myself 1200 calories and 30 grams of fat per day. I have got this information from Allan Borushek's pocket calorie and fat counter. For active people they recommend a diet of between 1200 - 1500 calories to lose weight. Will see how I go with this. I weighted and measured myself last night before I started.

Now I need to take things one day at a time and even one meal at a time.

I'm feeling pretty good about things at the moment.

0 comments: