Friday, August 25, 2006

Single Again

As the title indicated my partner and I have split up again. This time it is for good as far as I am concerned. He was us to be friends but that hasn't worked in the past and we get back into a relationship of some sorts. I have told him that as I don't want to be just friends, then all ties need to be cut and that I don't want anything to do with him again. I do not want him to ring me, email or visit me. It may should a little harsh as we have had some sort of relationship for over 4 1/2 years but it is the only way that I am going to be able to move on and get on with my life. I need to be selfish with this one. Needless to say he wasn't pleased.

The break up happened tonight and needless to say I've spend the past few hours crying and not being able to sleep. Not sure if I will be able to sleep but I will need to try as I have a very busy day at work tomorrow before I go on holidays for 2 weeks.

Things have been pretty rocky for the past month and if I honest with myself, I knew that the breakup was coming, but it still doesn't make it easy. I would so love to have him in my life as a friend but I can't do friends just now. Its too painful, maybe one day.

Now it is time for me to focus on me for a change and get on with my life and start losing some of this weight that I have regained.


Carlton
Take One Step at a Time.

7 comments:

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Breaking up is never easy even if you know it is coming. I am sure most of us have been there and know what you are feeling. After 2 1/2 years I am only just able to sort of talk to my ex husband without a screaming match or tears. I wont say we will ever be friends tho as my ex hates my partner with a vengance and in the past has threatened him many times violently. But we have 2 young children so dont have alot of choice about contact.
Sorry this wasnt supposed to be about me...
I just want you to know that You will feel better soon and the tears will ease and the ache in your heart will mend and you will gain control and start losing those kilos...( I say as I sit here eating a muffin king gluten free muffin for brekkie..*groan* )
Chin up and come and let lose on my blog if you want to cry, kik, scream or need a shoulder...
Big hugs to you... WBS

Mel. said...

thanks WBS. I'm off to have breakfast now and feed the cats. Feeling very exposed, fat and bloated today.

Briony said...

I'm so sorry to hear this sweetie. Maybe it's for the best though. You do need to focus on yourself and the best way to do that is if you don't have to worry about anyone else. I'm here for you if you need a shoulder.
Bri

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Dont be so down on yourself...
Dont let this set you back..Use it as a positive... Start concentrating on looking good for yourself...You never know what lies around that corner...
WBS

MSU gal said...

I am so sorry to hear this but you told him the right thing. You need to put yourself #1 now. It will get better.

Mary said...

Oh hon, just remember that bad days don't last and you will get through this. It sounds like it's a good move for you and looking after number 1 for a while will be too. You've been through a lot girl. Yep, take one day at a time and be good to yourself along the way. Big {{{HUGS}}}.

Mel. said...

Thanks everyone for your kind words. I'm sure my life will get better its just really hard at the moment.