Monday, August 14, 2006

Blogger Dinner and my weekend

Saturday nite I went to the Sydney bloggers dinner and met so many lovely ladies. I'm pinching myself that I actually went, as I hadn't met any of them before in real life and only knew a few of them from their blogs and emails. There were lots of ladies that I either didn't know anything about or had only read their blogs once or twice, which made it rather scary as well.

The nite went so fast and I had such a great time. It was a pitty that I didn't have time to talk to most people over the night as there were 18 of us at dinner. I can't wait for the next dinner/lunch, outing etc and get to know everyone better. It was a shame the food wasn't the best but the company well and truely made up for it. Mary did a great job organising it and making sure everyone was happy and looked after.

I'm still having a hard time believing I went to the dinner, as it is so out of my comfort zone and not something I would normally do. Up until being asked to go my Me I had gone to great lengths in keeping my real identy on the net a very big secret. This whole experience shows me that I am starting to let down the walls I've put up around me and let people in to know the real me. I am also starting to let go of my hang ups and getting back on with my life.

My partner came down for the weekend and had a fairly good weekend. I was rather sick on Sunday morning and originally thought it was a combination of too much drinking on Saturday night and not very nice food. In the end I think it might have been a touch of food poisoning. I'm still not feeling the best and again have a touch of gastro as well today. If I'm not feeling better tomorrow will go back to doctors and get something.

As a lot of you know, I've been spending lots of time organising my townhouse, making it look like a home and chucking out all of the crap that I had been hording over the past 8 years. Yes I am a big horder and am trying to stop doing it. My partner couldn't believe the changes I'd made since the last time he came to visit and was very impressed. He asked me how long had it taken and when I said weeks, he was very surprised. He was meant to come to Sydney the weekend before but as I was too sick to go to his aunty's birthday party, he didn't come down.

Down side of the weekend was that I forgot to change the batteries in my camera on Saturday night so I couldn't take any photos. Also as I wasn't feeling well on Sunday, I forgot to take the recharable batteries, so I couldn't take any photo's when we went out to Oran Park yesterday for the V8 racing. We didn't get there as early as I would have liked but that was because my partner and I had a bit of a lie in and I was throwing up until about 10 a.m.

My eating hasn't been the best during the past week and I think that had to do with be stressing out over the bloggers dinner. Well that's over with now and I survived it. Time to get back to eating well, tracking and getting back on track. I'm sure I've put on weight but I'm not going to stress out it. Whats done is done. I will start again tomorrow and begin to make healty choices.

Carlton
Never pay for the same kilo twice.

2 comments:

abc said...

Hey! Well done on going to the dinner! Go you! I'm so glad it was lovely night and that you are glad you went. That is huge for you and I can feel you becoming 'free-er' and happier. I can relate to your anxiety about the dinner. Though I am a confident person, I am really shy about that sort of thing too. So manby times I hav thought about going but find I make myself busy with things and can not go. I know I do it to myself alot of the time. We are silly sometimes - who know why? not me thats for sure. But well done Carlton. Its really terrific and I'm so happy for you. So glad the townhouse is coming along so well. That would make me feel really good. If you look at all the things you have accomplished this year, all the things that have changed for the better, all the things you got through, and all the decisions you made and things you did to move forward - you would have quite a decent list! Well done :)

Mary said...

It's feels like a pretty big step meeting people off the "internet" doesn't it but I am so glad you made it along! I don't think any of us had enough time to talk to everybody BUT there will be more meets to come, don't you worry :-) Damn food!