Friday, August 04, 2006

My weight loss journey

These pictures are courtesy of the my virtual model website and is based on my revised starting weight at weight watchers on 19/7/06.

I have been spending the past few days reflecting on my weight loss journey or lack of it over the past the past 9 months, since my mum died and realised that I put on 7 kilos during this time. This weight gain is despite making several attempts to lose weight via other weight loss centers and diets. Yes I have had a lot on my plate during this time but when I look back at it I have been using these as an excuse and using the poor little old me card. For me to achieve the next picture I'm going to post, this poor little old me, has to stop and I would like all of your help with this. Please, if I resort back to the poor little old me stuff, kick my butt and kick it really hard.

This next picture is of me when I get to my goal weight and whilst I'm the one that actually needs to lose the weight and do the exercise I do need help doing so. Can you please help me out.

Yesterday I spent some time focusing on my weight loss goals and making a power point presentation to inspire me to stay on track. I have placed copies of this presentation around my bedroom, bathroom, on the fridge and pantry. I have included things like, I can do this, do you need to eat this, I am beautiful, how it is going to get you to your goal, I never want to look like the the zoo picture again etc. I have included the picture from the zoo as my inspiration, as after looking at this picture I rejoined weight watchers for the final time.

I am going to lose the weight this time. So far I have lost 2 kilos which is great and have another 41 kilos to go to look like the 2nd picture.

To help me along the way I have made the following goals. I am now concentrating on working out what rewards I will give myself for making these goals. My first weekly goal reward is to be a pedicure.

My ultimate goals are:-

1. To lose 43 kilos.
2. To feel healthy and strong
3. To wear a size 10 clothing (Australian sizes)
4. To love myself.

My monthly goal:-

1. To lose 5 kilos in August 2006.
2. I will plan all of my meals.
3. I will track and stay within points every day.
4. I will exercise for a min of 30 mins every day.
5. I will run 1 km without stopping.

My weekly goal:-

1. I will lose 1.1 kilos this week.
2. I will go for 3 walks and 2 gym sessions this week (I left my gym stuff at work and am off sick at the moment).
3. If it is raining, I will do an exercise video instead of walking.

Daily goals:-
1. I will exercise today.
2. I will track my food today.
3. I will make healthy choices and avoid take away food where possible.


Carlton
Never pay for the same kilo twice
I can do anything I wish to do.

9 comments:

Sara said...

hey carlton! i'm rooting for you! you can do it! and what great goals you've set. keep us updated and keep those pics coming as your virtual aspirations become your reality!

Mel. said...

Thanks sara. I will keep everyone updated and I am thinking of posting updated pictures (either real or virtual) every say 5 - 10 kilos lost or (11 - 22 pounds).

abc said...

WOW. You have made some great decisions and I can see your determination. Very impressive.

I love how you have broken everything down, fantastic! I really like thos virtual pictures - very very cool. One comment - 5kg is HUGE to lose in 1 month. It is do-able, but it is HUGE. I'd go for 2 or 3 kg. 5kg could be your stretch goal. See that way, losing 2kg is great. and when you do that you will have achieved something really good. If you lose more than that, even better. One big rule with goal setting is to keep things achievable. 5kg is achievable. I'm only making my comments from my own experience, as 5kg is way too much for me to lose in one month. Please just take what I say and only keep what you want to. Everyone is different. I know you can do this Carlton, and you know yourself better than anyone. Your goals and your breakdown of how you plan to achieve them is really terrific. Go Carlton!!!!

Mel. said...

Thanks Suzie for your comments. The 5 kilo goal is only for the first month. The monthly goals will be reviewed each month and then weekly and daily goals aligned to that monthly goal.
Thanks for your concern.

Briony said...

I love your goals and I think you've inspired me to make some of my own. Hope you're feeling better now.
Bri

michelle said...

You can do this Carlton. You need to focus on the small goals and the rest will follow. Just take baby steps each day and congratulate yourself for achieving those small goals. Looking forward to meeting you in Sydney.

Mary said...

With an attitude like that you can certainly make it to goal and yep, one step at a time. You can do this!

Mel. said...

thanks for your encouragement and kinds comments everyone.
I'm going to take one day at a time and one step at a time.

MSU gal said...

Go Carlton Go!