Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Struggling at the moment....

Just need to get this off my chest and use the blog for what I originally intended.

I'm finding that I am struggling at the moment and eating a lot of crap this week after dinner. I'm going away in 3 1/2 weeks and if I look back at previous times I've gone away I've stuggled with sticking to the WW program about this time before I go.

Well today I'm determined to be strong. I've even brought cut up veggies to nibble on today instead of WW cookies etc that I keep in my draw at work.

I've done half of my normal walk today (i.e. walking to and from work) and I will be going to the gym at lunch time... I just need a plan of attack for after dinner.

Brad's on afternoon shift this week and doesn't get home till about 11.30 p.m. and whilst it is lovely to have the house to myself, I'm finding that all I want to do is eat. Think I might make some 0 point veggie soup tonight so I can have that instead of biscuits after dinner.

Edit 2.15 p.m:- So far so good today. I've been to the gym at lunch time, did 15 mins on the bike, 15 on the cross trainer, 30 pushups on a bench (or bench presses) and 30 crunches.

I'm also eating better today. The veggies that I brought as snacks has worked a treat... Just need to make better decisions tonight and stick to them.




5 comments:

boringsahm said...

I have night's like those when my husband works night shift, keep busy, especially your hands. Iron whilst watching telly, wii works as well, even jumping in bed super early with a good book!

If you need a light dessert, try custard made with skim milk, warm and delish on winters nights.

You can do this!

BTW: I haven't managed to lose enough weight to fit into your luggage, so I'll have to postpone this trip and hang out for your next F1 holiday!

Chris H said...

I find night time snacking a problem too... but I just keep saying to myself.... don't have anything for the next hour and see how I feel after that... then again in the next hour... and then I go to bed and I'm friggin happy with myself cos I didn't cave in and eat shit.
It's a better feeling than getting into bed pissed off with myself for having blown it again.
Just DON'T cave in, you ain't gunna die from lack of food... and you will feel so much better about yourself too.
LECTURE OVER.

Chris H said...

Oh and as for when you go away.. well that's not rocket science either!
You can't force feed an adult, so anything you put in your gob... you PUT THERE.

How much do you want those scales to go down?

Pinky said...

Hey there Carlton - great idea re the veggies to snack on - might do that myself - in case I forget - have a great holiday and thanks for the comments on my blog - it is greatly appreciated

Tina said...

You and I must be seperated at birth - LOL!!

I wrote a post about this on the ww forums this week. I am having the exact same problem. If you can be bothered looking back a couple of days, you will find my post and some fantastic responses.

One thing that was mentioned by a couple of people was to make a time say 8pm and close the kitchen. And do not go back in there until the next morning.

Good luck Mel. I wish I had the answers to keep the night munchies at bay.