Saturday, February 14, 2009

Sorry I haven't been around much lately....

Sorry I haven't been around much lately, its just been really busy at work and I've been working 7.30 a.m. to 6 p.m. and once I get home and check facebook and a few other sites, I'm just a bit too tired to post on my blog.

The good news is that I am still watching what I eat and am slowly losing weight. I just need to work out how I can fit some exercise into my day.

It was WI day today at WW and I lost another 200 grams, which brings me back down to 102.5 kilos. Pretty happy about that the loss considering the week I had with stress and PMS... LOL... A little bit of chocolate was eaten but no where near as much as I would have eaten even a few months ago. I'm feeling a lot more in control about things at the moment.

My brother and I have booked the air fair tickets to London and Italy, we leave on my birthday 4/9 and I'm very excited about it. I so love London and have always wanted to see Italy. Whilst we are in Italy we are going to the F1 Grand Prix in Monza, which I can't wait. Now I just need to lose lots of weight.

I was chatting to Shaz about my up and coming trip last night in the WW chat room and how I'm thinking of putting a weight goal attached to this trip. I know that I have tried this before and it hasn't worked but this time I'm goi
ng to be accountable to Shaz directly and she is going to keep me on the straight and narrow. Shaz is such an inspiration to me with her weight loss journey and to top it off she has just become a WW leader in Adelaide.

My Weight Loss goal is to lose 15 kilos between today and 1 September which gives me 31 weeks to lose this weight. During the conversation with Shaz, she got me thinking that I need to make a plan that I can stick to which will help me reach this goal. My plan is:- 1. To focus on 2 kilos at a time. 2. To walk for 30 mins 3 times a week. 3. To track my food on the online tracker and
to stick to my daily points. 4. To drink 2-3 litres of water per day. 5. To limit my coke zero drinks to 1 can per day. 6. To attend my weekly weight watchers meetings and actually stay for the meeting (which I do normally do). 7. To not put too much pressure on myself or beat myself up if I have a bad week. 8. Think positive. 9. Be accountable to Shaz.

I did weight in at weight watchers today and my weight was 102.5 which is a loss of 200 grams.

I now need to lose 1.8 kilos to reach my first mini goal.

On the right is a picture Brad took of me at Darling Harbour a few weeks ago. Surprise surprise I'm actually pretty happy with how I look in this photo. Don't get me wrong I still have a lot of weight to lose, but I'm starting to like myself more and more as I losing weight.


5 comments:

Tina said...

Well done Mel. You are doing so well. It is a good feeling.

How exciting about your holiday in September. I think you have definitely set achievable goals. I am the same when I set goals for things, I never get there. But we are on a different journey this time because we are going to get to the end.

Chris H said...

How neat to have a fantastic holiday to look forward to.... and a goal of course.
You are looking freaking good girl!

celtic_girl said...

I can see a big difference in your recent photo to the ones on your sidebar.

Having something like a holiday is a great motivator and I'm sure you will achieve it.

Heather said...

Hey, nice to see you Carlton! Oooh, a trip to Italy, lucky you! I'm pining to go there again. And hopefully when we actually save up for it, I'll be at goal weight, lol. It'll take that long! Or that short! It'll be my reward for getting to goal I hope. Great photo, looking amazing!

Lyn said...

Hi Carlton - Well done on continuing to lose. Your planned holiday sounds wonderful and what a motivation! Your plan with Shaz is a great idea. New photo looks good.