Thursday, July 16, 2009

Exercise

I've decided to up the exercise and see if it will help me lose my weight a little more consistently. I also realise that whilst I walk to work and back every day (4 kms each way) my body will get use to it and stop losing weight as efficiently.

So I've decided it time to go back to the gym. I went yesterday for the first time and was introduced to my new program, which is pretty good. Today I'm a bit sore and tired.... I'm due to go again today so that will be interesting. My trainer wants me to try spin classes, but I'm a little scared. I did try out a spin bike yesterday and whilst they seem harmless enough, the seats just hurt like... and I've also heard and seem some horror stories of people using these things. See what happens...

At this stage I'm only going to go to the gym in my lunchtime until I get use to it again and my body isn't so tired. Eventually I do want to look into the early morning classes or night classes as well.

Edited 1.50 p.m. I have been to the gym at lunch time and did:-

* Stomach crunches = 3 sets of 3 different types of crunches.
* Push ups 2 sets of 10 (on my knees and using a bench)
* 15 mins on the cross trainer at levels between 4 - 16.
* 10 mins on the bike.

Pretty happy with my effort today.



3 comments:

Diane, Fit to the Finish said...

Just wanted to encourage you in your journey. Going to the gym is a great way to jump start your weight loss.

Chris H said...

Yaaa! I re-joined the gym today too! I hope we both get excellent results.

~closed~ said...

Good for you for making it to the gym. I agree with you about the spin bike. The seat is gawd-awful! Stay the course...