Thursday, July 03, 2008

New Weight Loss Challenges

I'm a bit down and struggling at the moment so I thought I'd remind me of my 2008 Weight Loss Goals. They are:-

1. To get back on track and stay within my daily weight watchers points. This is an up and down thing. I am back on track at the moment and tracking. Any excess points I use I make sure that I do extra exercise to cover them.

2. To remain focused and ask for help when I slip. Asking for help is a hard one for me, as I think that I am a failure. I just have to remember that I am human and not perfect.....

3. To get to my goal weight (even if it takes more than a whole year and probably will).

4. To drink 3 litres of water/fluid a day. This is fairly easy to do at the moment, especially with the gym.

5. To exercise for 1 hour a day (might need to break it up to 2 x 30 min sessions). Achieving this since joining the gym.

6. To complete the End of Financial Year Challenge on FX - done

7. To blog my weight loss journey and refer back to it when I struggle. Still struggle with this one.

8. To be honest with myself and not beat myself up too much when things don't go to plan. Totally suck at this one but I am trying to improve.

9. To complete the Step into Spring Challenge on FX (1/07/2008 to 29/09/2008)

10.To complete the Star Team Challenge on Weight Watchers. (7/07/2008 to 29/09/2008)


There are 2 new challenges that I've decided to join, one on FX and the other on Weight Watchers. They run for 12 and 13 weeks which will help to keep me on track. The FX one has already started, where as the WW on starts on Monday. I have said that I'd love to be under 95 by the time these challenges finish but bearing in mind that I will be away for 2 weeks of them (towards the end of the challenges) it might be a stretch. I do know that if I keep focused I will achieve it but keeping focused is a problem at the moment.

I'm feeling like nothing is happening with my weight at the moment. Since joining the gym, I've been going 4 times a week (90 minute workouts) and together with the gym & walking I'm burning 3000 a week. I realise that my food hasn't always been good during this time but the scales just aren't moving, so I'm getting frustrated. Its also starting to get me down and I've started thinking of quitting weight watchers. I had a great chat with a few people online last night who reminded me that I am doing really well and under no circumstances am I to quite weight watchers LOL. They also reminded me that I have lost 11 kilos so far, changed my eating habits, am healthier, joined a gym, have great online friends to chat to and that I haven't given up yet. I realised that with the gym I am probably building some muscle and that my weight will start to shift. I just hope it is soon and that I just have to be patient. Big ask I say, I'm not good at being patient...............

I have found a new quote that I like, especially for when I am going to eat something that is either naughty or high in points. My new quote is How long is it going to take to work that off at the gym??????

Carlton

3 comments:

Chris H said...

Now that's a darn good quote! Thank you for your lovely comment in the past week, Stew and I really appreciated it.

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

You are going gr8 guns carlton... Sorry I have been awol... too many blogs and no time to catch up!!

abc said...

Keep it up Carlton. We are hard on ourselves and impatient. You will be uilding up muscles at the gym and getting healthier - despite what the scales say. And the fitter you are the better you bounce back if you get sick or hurt. Look at eating better and think of the rewards, the scales! I have been eating better and not excersiing excpet on weekends and have lost 3kg in one month. Of course it is easier for me in the first month, buy hey - 3kg is 3kg! And you knonw what? I started to get down about the sclaes not moving down enoughk and then I realised I lost 3kg in a month and realised - hey I'm doing great-it just did not feel like it. You keep this up, you are doing great!!!! You are so hard on yourself. You should celebrate every week that you go to the gym. Are you using your CK diary - it really helps with food. I admit I did at first but slacked off, but I'm doing ok so its cool. I just recommend it when weight is not moving because its amazing how much just one packet of 2 minutes noodles has 30grams of fat in it. Some have less than 10 grams of fat but if we do not focus, we put too much into our body. If we do not focus, we eat the same amount but put in so much fat - its all unecessary. But if you are like me, if you don;t focus on food properly and eat 'consciously' wiehgt doesn't move down. I like your quote - it sums up so much doesn't it? Keep up the good work and don't be so down on yourself. You are doing so great and you are a fabulous person! You are inspiring me. Gosh going to gym regularly - that is really something. I have never managed it myself and I so admire you for doing it.