Monday, July 21, 2008

Attempts to Jog.....

Yes you read the title right. Late this afternoon I decided that I wanted to attempt to Jog. I had been thinking about it for a few days but was too embarrassed to attempt it.

Today I went for a 60 min walk with bf this morning which was good and then this evening I decided that I felt like another walk. During this second walk I decided on the way home to try doing some jogging. Mind you I didn't jog very fast by anyone standards and would jog for say 3-4 power poles, then walk for a while etc and ended up jogging for about 10 mins all up. I'm happy with my start and I really felt like I'd done some exercise.

When I walk with bf I always feel like I haven't had a work out, as he walks slower than I do.

I've decided to start the Couch to 5 km run program again, I attempted this a few years ago and never got past week one cause one of my knees started to hurt. I will have to see how this goes.. This program is where you learn to run 5kms in 9 weeks. I will start week one tomorrow.

I'm happy with my exercise today.....

Carlton

3 comments:

Heather said...

What was that blitzing past me??? Oh it's Carlton on her run! Once again you've impressed me with your exercise goals...and all the effort pays off. It may not happen overnight...but it will happen. Go go go girl!

boringsahm said...

You go girl, I love hearing about your progress and it's really is in leaps and bounds now!

celtic_girl said...

I'd love to be walking now. Well done on the jogging I'm jealous!! lol