Monday, May 14, 2007

Past 3 years of my life.



OK I thought I'd summarise the past few years of my life for those who have recently started reading my blog and don't know what's been going on:-

1. Dad diagnosed with cancer - October 2004
2. My mum diagnosed with breast cancer - Feb 2005
3. My darling bf (now ex) diagnosed with DVT - April 2005
4. My dad being rushed to hospital, gall bladder - June 2005
5. Me being diagnosed with depression and starting therapy - July 2005
6. My mum struggling with her cancer battle - June - September 2005
7. Mum losing her battle with cancer - October 2005
8. Dad being rushed to hospital and nearly died - December 2005
9. Nearly breaking up with darling bf - January 2006
10. Started looking after 2 portfolio's at work (300 clients) January 2006
11. Breaking up with bf - April 2006
12. Brother committed suicide - April 2006
13. Getting back together with bf - May 2006
14. Break up with bf for good - August 2006
15. Met new guy over the net - October 2006
16. Dad was diagnosed with advanced prostate cancer and bone cancer - November 2006
17. Dad moved to a nursing home January 2007
18. Broke up with David due to him cheating on me with 2 other woman - February 2007
19. Still looking after 2 portfolios at work until today May 2007

Boy I can't believe I've been through so much and still survived. Its been a tough few years but looking back I've come through it a much stronger person.

Despite trying, I have not lost and kept off any weight since my mum died in October 2005. In fact since my dad's been sick since November 2006 I've put on 10 kilos or (15 kilos since my mum died).

Hope this helps to understand my life and its ups and downs.

Carlton
Take One Step at a time.

12 comments:

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Yes it has been a tough time... and it has made you a stronger more focussed person..
Take care... Big hugs..Nannette

Sienna said...

You have been through so much. I am here if you need to talk. Do you get to see your Dad much? What is DVT? Why did you and your fellow break up? Do you think your stress at work contributes to your weight?

Mel. said...

I see my dad every day, we make a point of going and visiting him so he doesn't think he has just been left there. At the moment he is not appreciating all the time we do spend with him. I think he is just angry and its the cancer talking.

DVT is Deep-vein thrombosis. We split up for lots of reasons, mainly the relationship was a rather negative one, lots of emotional abuse, him taking advantage of me and lots of other reasons that I haven't gone into on this blog and probably will not either.

My weight is caused my lots of reasons, mainly my emotional eatting and lack of exercise. At the moment I leave to go to work about 7.30 in the morning and don't get home from visiting dad until 8 p.m. At the moment the only time I have to exercise is of a morning but I find it so hard to get up and exercise before work (I'm not a morning person). Whilst I agree it is a excuse and if I'm honest I do not want to get up early, so that really means that I don't really want to lose weight. I'm trying to find out the real reasons behind this.

Rachel said...

Wow I've just had a moan about what a bad Mother's Day I had and then clicked onto here and looked at what you have gone through and now I feel like a bloody whinger after what you have been through with all the tragedy in your life recently.

There is no doubt about it, you are a strong women to go through all of this. The weight will follow once things settle down a bit more in your life...don't stress.

Work sounds like it isn't helping, are you able to cut back to 1 portfolio and give yourself some time rather than running after everyone else?

Kim said...

Have just been catching up on your blog and I must say that it has confirmed something for me. You are one of the strongest and most compassionate women I have ever had the privelege of knowing.

You are a fabulous women who deserves only the best in life and you are well on your way by acknowledging whats not right and taking the steps to fix it.

Big hugs

Kim

Mel. said...

Thanks everyone for your kind words of support, it is very much appreciated. It also comes a bit of a shock cause most of the time I do forget that others read this blog.

Briony said...

It's good that you've made a list and identified the bad things that have happened in the past. You need to remember that they are in the past and now you have the present and the future to look forward to better times. Take one day at a time and make small changes that you can cope with and you'll get to your destination quicker than making big unobtainable steps and then going backwards. One step at a time is all it takes.
Have a great week.
Bri

abc said...

This is why you are a trooper. Its veryhard to deal ith so many things, but you have put in a mammoth effort. Both work, family and your personal life have been the causes of stress. at least this eyar you are starting to recognise your strenghts, getting some validation (like in your performance review recently) and you are thinking logically and clearly - obviously you have a good head on those shoulder :) Keep it up Carlton. You'll get there!

Lyn said...

Wow that's a huge amount for one person to go through!! I so agree with you on hard times making you a stronger person.

It's times like that when you have to refocus on your life and sometimes that means weightloss takes a back seat and that's ok. I totally lost the plot with my weightloss when big issues started rolling in. When things calm down again you can pick up the weightloss wagon and keep going.

Thankyou for sharing that and what a testimony that you survived the last few years.

Anonymous said...

Wow Carlton, I didn't realise you had gone through so much. You are a really strong person, I don't know if I could have pulled through. You deserve a positive future.
Love Bel

Coco said...

Wow. That's a hell of alot.

I would be interested to see what your weight was at each point in that time.

Did you lose it in the good bits? Gain in the bad? Or no such pattern.

You are so strong and such an inspiration.

lychee said...

Yes I just stumbled across your blog tonight.

Yes you have been through a lot. All I know is from my life experiences so far, you definetly become stronger, although not straight away.

You just have to, in order to survive.

I wanna give you some positive vibes :)