Monday, July 02, 2007

MIA - Sorry



Yes as this picture indicates I have put on even more weight.

I've had a mixed today today. I'm so glad the end of the financial year is finally over but when I got to work today I was greeted with bad and sad news.

One of the ladies that I work will (she worked part time) finished up last Wednesday to go on maternity leave. The baby was due in 2 weeks, unfortunately they both died on Friday night. My friend Sharon apparently had a coughing fit and couldn't breath. Her neighbour called the ambulance but she died in the ambulance on the way to hospital. Understandably the back of an ambulance is not the place to perform an emergency c section to try and save the baby, also I'm wouldn't think that the ambulance officers would be trained to do such a thing any way. It is so unreal and I really can't believe she is gone. Sharon was so full of life and was so looking forward to the birth of her 2nd baby and her 40th birthday. I so feel sorry for her little boy who is nearly 3 and now has to grow up without a mother. Riley also doesn't really know his father and now only has elderly grandparents to look after him. I am so not looking forward to this funeral either later this week or next week, depending on when there bodies are released.

On my weight loss journey, as I said before I have lost the plot and put on even more weight.

It is now only 2 more days till I go and see the surgeon regarding lap band surgery. I'm starting to get nervous and excited at the same time. I have decided that if the surgeon accepts me as a suitable candidate then I will go ahead with it. Oh of course if I can get about $5k out of my superannuation to pay for the out of pocket expenses.

Not much else to say really. I will try to blog more but its hard now that the fire walls at work have blocked blogger.

Carlton
Take One Step at a time.

7 comments:

Jodie said...

OMG Carlton... that story is so sad. life is just not fair sometimes.

If you go ahead with the lapband surgery I will love to hear your experiences and journey.

boringsahm said...

Oh that is so terribly sad about your friend and her family, her little boy are in my prayers.

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Oh Carlton... that is tragic about your friend...
How terribly sad..
The poor child left behind wont understand where his mum has gone...
Good luck with your app.
And it is good to see you back even if it is with sad news...
Take care... And plz blog and let us know how the app went..

abc said...

OMG Carlton, that is so tragic about the lady and her baby. Life is so tragic sometimes. Poor little Riley. OMG. What a shock. That is so terrible.
I look forward to reading what the surgeon says tomorrow. I hope that goes really well for you. Big hug, Rainbow xx

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend who passed away Carlton. That really is a sad story. Good luck with visiting the Dr. - keep us informed of your decision!
Love Bel

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if you've heard, but Sharon's best friend now has custody of Riley as she had put in her will. His dad was there at the funeral today & as far as we can tell, he'll still have contact with Riley once he moves to be with his new family.

RIP Sharon & baby Kane.

(from another friend of Sharon's)

Mel. said...

Sharon's friend yes I do know that Riley is going to her best friend. I also know that his dad was at the funeral as I was also there.