Thursday, July 05, 2007

Lap Band Glory Box


I got this idea from Kristy who has recently had lap band surgery and thought it was a great idea.
My lap band glory box:-
*small bread plate (a fancy one!)
*small fork *small bowl (have already)
*small spoon
*bio oil (for scaring)
*Mederma (for scaring)
*Sustagen hospital grade with added fibre
*my lap band guide & the gastric banding guide from food talk (which I already have!)
*Popsicle maker - i think there is one at my parents place for when we were growing up
*mini blender - I do have one but its about 10 years old and need a new one.
*small freeze able containers (250 ml) (have lots and lots of these / joys of living alone for so long)
*straws (always have these in the cupboard)
*small drinking cup (have this already) (100/250 ml)
As you can see still have a few things yet to get.
Jodie yes I forgot to mention about the recovery time. All going well you are in hospital overnight (you could go home same day if you wanted) and your off work for about 1 week. I'll probably take another week off holidays so I'm fully recovered when I go back to my busy job.
You need to switch to either optifast, tony Ferguson shakes 2 weeks before the operation and this helps to cleanse the liver and helps with the recovery time (apparently the physical pain isn't as great if you have the shakes before hand). Then for the first 4 weeks after the operation you move from a liquid diet to mushy foods and then on to solid food. You are also to expect to be intolerant to some kinds of foods but its different for everyone so you really need to experiment with that one.
Carlton

4 comments:

abc said...

Hey cool, you can get yourself set up with special stuff. Fun, and you get to go shopping. I love going to shops that sell kitchen stuff. Your blog will be awesome fr you to record how you go. I can already see you being a great inspiration to others for whom this surgery might be a consideration. You explain things very well. I'm really proud of you - your attitude is great and you are very smart to do all the research you have, and courageous in the way you have handled the associated anxiety.

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Stay positive... I hope it all goes well for you... when will you know when you go in????
Think of how much $$ you will save in groceries and takeaways...

MSU gal said...

preparedness is the key to successful anything!

Anonymous said...

The Lap-Band is just a tool, you need many to be successful!

http://www.lapbandguide.com