Saturday, January 12, 2008

R.I.P. Dad - your no longer in pain.


This is a photo of my dad taken in September 2006, probably one of the last photos taken of him. Its not a good one but then again he hated having his photo taken.
My dad passed away yesterday morning and whilst I was expecting this to happen, I wasn't expecting it to happen just so soon.
For those who didn't know my dad was diagnosed with terminal (advanced prostate cancer and bone cancer in Nov 2006) and due to him requiring 24/7 care we had to move him into a nursing home in Jan 2007.

When you get a call in the early hours of the morning from the nursing home to say they don't expect your dad to last the night it is a shock. Dad did last the night and a few more hours. I am also given added comfort that he finally admitted to being in pain and allowed them to make him comfortable during his last 8 hours alive with morphine and he was at peace.
The funeral is on Wednesday 16/1/08 and there are only a few more things to be organised. I will do these over the next few days. At the moment, I'm still in shock and feeling very numb. Its so hard to comprehend that both my parents are now gone but at least they are now together again and dad will be happy about that.
Carlton
Take One Step at a time.

5 comments:

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Biggest Hugs Carlton... Thinking of you...

Apple2Hourglass said...

Your Dad is in a better place now honey. I'm thinking of you also and sending you big hugs and my deepest sympathies for this difficult time. Remember the good times you had together and how much he loved you. My thoughts will be with you this week.
Bri

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your dad's passing. Your right though - the pain has now gone! Take care and my thoughts are with you. XXX

Anonymous said...

My deepest sympathies. God Bless.

celtic_girl said...

So sorry to hear of your father passing. Please accept my condolences.