Friday, January 05, 2007

Sorry haven't posted for a few days but my excuse is that I've been running around looking for nursing homes for my dad. I am please to say that after looking at some pretty horribles ones out there that I have found a nice one about 5 kms from his place and he moved in there yesterday afternoon. The fun begins now, in deciding what of his cloths and personal belongings that we can take and not take. Hopefully this will be sorted out over the next few days.

Food wise was a bit of a shocker yesterday. I really should learn not to go out shopping at lunchtime when I am hungry, as I always make the wrong food choices. Whilst I ended up having a roast beef subway foot long roll, I also ate way too much chocolate. I was also amazed when I put the sub into CK food diary it has 80grams of carbs. OMG that is huge for long sub!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All but the chocolate was within my calories, fat and carb allowance but still its huge.

I'm finding it a bit hard the past few days to drink my water and have turned a bit too much to diet soft drinks. Will keep working on it. I also find that due to work being very quiet, I'm bored and thinking of food too much. It doesn't matter what kind of food - fruit or junk, its always on my mind and I'm always wanting to eat it. I do have some work to do but am waiting on clients to come back from holidays before I can do it and there is only so much surfing the net one can do. I hope things get back to normal soon.

I've also been looking back at the past 18 months and realised the following has happened in my life:-

1. My mum died - Oct 2005
2. My dad nearly died - Dec 2005
3. My brother died - April 2006
4. Relationship breakup - April 2006
5. Back together July 2006
6. Relationship breakup for good - Aug 2006
7. New relationship started - Oct 2006
8. Dad diagnosed with terminal cancer Dec 2006
9. Dad moved in Nursing Home - Jan 2007

I've also lost no weight during this time, infact as at today I've put on 15 kilos since mum died. I've been yo yo dieting with this 15 kilos for the past 12 months. I so have to get off this merry go round and just get on with it. It is so hard sometimes and I just feel like giving up but I'm not as I'm not happy with myself and how I'm looking.

Well better go and do some work before I go back to the nursing home at lunch to met the doctor and fill in a few more forms.

Carlton
Take One Step at a time.

3 comments:

M said...

Hi Carlton thank for visiting my blog and your kind words. I am in awe with what you have had to deal with over the last 18 months or so. Sort of oh my god ...shock horror... In regards to your weight loss put last years ups and downs weight wise behind you and start this year afresh and go girl!!

Good luck
Mark

Jodie said...

Hi Carlton.
You've had a huge amount of stress over the last 18 months. And weight is not really a priority when you have all that stuff going on. But I hope that all the sad & stressful stuff is over now and 2007 will be a brilliant year filled with happiness and good health. How is things with David? Is he still 'in the picture'? (sorry if I'm being rude in asking). I'm just a sucker for a romance.

Thinking about you Carlton and sending you best wishes.
Jodie
xx

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Oh dear..you have had a rough trot havent you...
New year... new ideas... and guess what... a new you...
Stay safe and happy...
Hugs Nannette