Monday, January 08, 2007

Goals for this week.

Ok, its now 2007 and I so have to achieve something with my weight this year. CK membership is now free and I've renewed it for a couple of years, which will help me to remain focused and keep on track.

Over the past few weeks I've been tossing up the idea of rejoining weight watchers but have decided that it is really a waste of time and money for me. I don't tend to stick to it and am much happier counting calories via http://www.calorieking.com.au/ which I no longer have to pay for.

I have also decided to involve myself in a few of their 12 week challenges being the body blitz challenge and the sexy ab challenge. As part of the body blitz challenge I have started the couch to 5km run. Links to this can be found at:-

It is explained in full on the Cool Running website http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Graham from CK has metric conversions here http://www.cairnscommunications.com/fitness/couch-to-5k.htm

I started day 1 today and it wasn't too bad. I went to the gym and did it on the treadmill but seeing it is summer here and a bit muggy I'd prefer the air conditioning.

As part of the Body Blitz, my goals for this week:-

1. To go to the gym 3 times this week.
2. To wake up at 6 a.m. and to go for an hour walk 3 times this week.

Reward - Buy a new DVD movie.

Or in real terms:-

Monday:- Gym for C25km & ab challenge
Tuesday:- Walk in the morning and ab challenge
Wednesday:- Gym for C25km & ab challenge
Thursday:- Walk in the morning and ab challenge
Friday:- Gym for C25km & ab challenge
Saturday:- Bay Walk with Lynda & ab challenge - 7 km's
Sunday:- CK walk with Sydney CKers (City to Surf route to Bondi Beach) - 14kms & ab challenge.

Normally I would give myself a rest day but I'm on a roll at the moment and love getting together with the CKer's for walking.

Carlton
Take One Step at a time.

0 comments: