Friday, December 22, 2006

Very Exciting News Tonight - Greatest Christmas Present Ever


If you've been reading my blog, you would know that my dad is rather sick (advanced prostate cancer and bone cancer). He has been hospital for the past month and we need to look for a nursing home for him.

Well I had been planning on taking christmas lunch to dad in hospital as I thought that was our only option.

Well tonight when we were visiting him and the nurses & doctors gave us the greatest chrisrmas prsent ever, they told us we can bring dad home for the day if we want to. He gets day release for christmas day. Ya Ya Ya - its very exciting.

Well without even a second thought I told them sure would love to. I am so happy we can now celebrate christmas at home and he can join in. It will not be anything over the top but at least it is at home and not in the hospital. It's the best news my brother and I could ask for and I now can't wait for christmas.

The thought of having to celebrate christmas in the hospital was starting to depress my brother.


Carlton
Take One Step at a Time.

6 comments:

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Thats awesome news.... glad you are still here in bloggging ladn ...I missed you... hows things with your guy?? is he still visiting???

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

omg.... Blogging land I meant to type...blasted scotch... hehe

Briony said...

Hey sweet, that's great news that you can share Christmas at home with your Dad. I'm sure you'll enjoy this Christmas Day much more than being in the hospital at his bedside. I hope you have a wonderful day together.
Bri

michelle said...

That is wonderful news Carlton. definitely the best ever. Make sure you have lots of laughs and make some good memories.

Mama JJ said...

I'm sure that your brother and yourself will all make this the best Christmas that your father could have and the memories will last forever. This is truly a miracle of Christmas, to have family together at home. Merry Christmas to you all Carlton, love you!

Chris H said...

As all of the above have said... Enjoy having Your Dad for this Christmas, make lots of special moments with him and show him how much he is LOVED. *HUGS*