Thursday, December 21, 2006

Update



An update on my dad, the medication they have put him on is helping reduce the symptons and any paid but will never cure him.

We found out a few days again that my dad has to be transferred to a nursing home as he needs 24/7 care. My brother and I can not provide this care and it is way too expensive to hire someone to look after him in his home, so unfortunately the only option we have is to transfer him to a nursing home. I'm not very happy about doing to but have no choice. Dad finally came to terms with it on Tuesday and was very upset about it. Life is so unfair sometimes. I also found out that there is lots of things to consider when finding a good nursing home and lots of paper work that needs to be done. We've got a list of homes within the area my dad's house is and am aiming to get a nursing home for him as close as possible. The search begins.

I'm also starting again next year with my weight loss and need a very big kick in the pants. I've let myself eat crap whilst my dad has been sick in hospital but as things aren't going to change much there, (with him going into a nursing home) my bad and out of control eating has to stop.

I have to take control of my eating and life again and begin to make good food choices and not bad ones. I have to accept that my life has changed in so many ways. Visiting my dad either in a hopsital or nursing home nearly every day is becoming the normal and that I don't just have to eat junk food when I am there.

Sorry to carry on a bit about this but getting it out of my system helps.

I'm off sick again today and hope that everyone has a great day.

Carlton
Take One Step at a time

2 comments:

Chris H said...

Carlton, it's called emotional eating and we all do it, so don't beat yourself up so much. It is hard to cope with a family member we love being ill, but I know that you will be able to readjust to how things are and turn the bad eating around. Just give yourself some time. Merry Xmas, and don't forget it is Xmas eh? Try to enjoy the season.

Mel. said...

Thanks chris for your comments. i do realise its emotional eating and something i very much need to sort out once and for all. i'm not being hard on myself really just stating publically what i need to do.