Monday, July 12, 2010

Realisations

I had this realisation at work the other day whilst shopping with a work colleague, that I’m now only about 10 kilos heavier than the average female in my office…. I consider most females in my office as slim or only slightly overweight and now I’m becoming one of them (not that it’s like a disease or anything).

I still have to remind myself that I can shop in the normal section of the store, even if it is towards the bigger sizes, its still a normal size… I’ve been very over weight for a long time, and it’s a big deal for me to be able to shop in the normal size. I can also buy stuff from normal stores and not have to buy from the larger stores anymore…Mind you it will be a sad day when I don’t fit into anything in Autograph as its my favourite store… I'm now wearing size 14/16 pants or skirts and tops are either 14/16 or 18 depending on shape and design.

I’m pretty excited about where this is all going… Less than 20 kilos to lose to get to my WW goal and I’m going to get there..


5 comments:

blondie1 said...

How encouraging for you PERHAPS you could get your favourite clothes altered? that may save money Polytech design students WILLING to practise? for free even might save money all round.

Chris H said...

It's a fantastic feeling eh? Wish I could say I am nearly there AGAIN! Grrrr.
15 kilos gone by Xmas, we can do it!!!!

Tania said...

It's amazing how it takes the mind a while to catch up to the body - you're doing a great job, well done.

Anonymous said...

That's so good. Just imagine this time next year you will be the same as all the girls in the office. Yeah! I can't wait to be able to shop at Sportsgirl. Always admired there clothes but have never been able to buy anything.
Cheers
Vegout from ww boards

Chris H said...

Hey Chick ... hope you are OK?