Thursday, October 04, 2007

So upset with myself.


I'm a little upset at the moment as I got the results of my recent blood tests were not that good. Dr has advised me the following:-

1. I have a slight B12 deficiency, so I get to take B12 tablets.

2. Cholesterol is at 5.5 and whilst on the higher side of normal, he would prefer it to be lower,

3.I am borderline diabetic or to use his woulds I can't call you a diabetic yet?

4. My fat around my liver is also higher than it should be.

So basically I need to lose weight, especially around my stomach and hips. His advice at the moment, is to follow a low GI diet and take B12 tablets. Oh the operation that I'm looking at having should help with me losing weight.

Oh and ice cream, cream, chocolate etc are not on the menu for me anymore, otherwise I will become a full blown diabetic.

At this stage my head is still spinning around and around with what do I do first.

So basically all my emotional eating and my inability to control what I eat and how much I eat is finally having a toll on my health & body and not in a good way.

Carlton
Take One Step at a Time.

4 comments:

boringsahm said...

Yes it does seem like a bit of a slap in the face, but it's not that bad as you can turn it around and repair it all. Where to start? Small steps, keep up the walking, take the vitamins (I can't live without my multi) and Low GI eating is basically fresh and natural foods... So your having a fresh start!

Rachel said...

I'm so sorry mate, that is bad news but on a better note, at least it is 'fixable' and you can do something about it.

This will give you more incentive I'm sure.

Let me know how the low GI diet goes as I have heard it is very successful.

Unknown said...

That sucks :( I feel for you, I had a fatty liver and I need to lose some belly fat as well. hope your not feeling too down

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Take control of it all Carlton..you are the only one that can fix this... smile and get a grip on which direction you are wanting to go... We are here for you girl...